"The city. We can meet at that café with the green and brown sign. Do you know what I'm talking about?" I ask timidly. My hands start to feel tingly about the whole situation.

"Yeah I've heard about it." The conversation goes quiet for a bit. I clear my throat before opening my mouth to speak.

"So I guess I'll see you in a bit?"

"Yeah, see you." He abruptly hangs up after responding.

My eyebrows knit together at the shortness of the conversation. I get that Logan and I never had hour long conversations on the phone but that happened so fast it's like it almost didn't occur. Usually he was more inquisitive. Then again, he did have something to do for Aaron. Maybe he was just rushing to get it done.

After another twenty minutes on the bus it finally makes a stop at the city. The way it sounds is completely different from what it is. It's not an actual city like you would think, more like a couple of long stretched out sidewalks littered with stores. The only reason for the name was the large banners hanging from the light-posts with the words "City Max" on them.

I cross the streets carefully while paying attention to all the large cars bustling through the streets and how fast the walk signs change. Finally I make it to the café I was telling Logan about.

As soon as I walk in the aroma of coffee and vanilla intertwine and greet my nose and the soft sound of pop music fills my ears . The bell attached to the top of the door rings as I walk though and I glance around the area. There are small tables spread across the room with workers taking orders and serving them out. There is also a large glass counter showcasing desserts and other small foods with a large drink menu hanging above it incase you wanted to just purchase something quickly and leave.

My eyes linger over the tables and I walk over to one in the far corner next to a window. Taking a seat I begin to pull off my coat and place my phone on the tabletop.

I breathe in the scent a few times over and a small smile tugs at my lips. I had been here a few times before, the first couple of times being with my mom.

The first time she brought me here I was around nine. Since then the café has changed dramatically. Before the sign was a bright yellow with lime green stripes and white polka dots unlike the warm brown and dusty green color it is now.

The last time I was here was more than a handful of months ago. I came here rarely ever since I learned how to take the bus places other than school. It's not like I could go out that much, nor do I have enough money to constantly be spending it on food.

Come to think of it I don't even know why I chose this place to meet up anyways. I peer through the large glass window next to me, staring at the other stores. I shrug the thought away, my mind traveling back to my mom.

Come to think of her, one of the last times I saw her we were here with my dad. On my birthday. Definitely one of the worst birthdays of my life. The whole time we were here they chatted me up, making me even more excited than I already was about my birthday and putting all these thoughts into my mind. A few hours later when we got home everything just started falling apart.

I remember clear as day it was because of the house phone constantly ringing. My mom was getting annoyed by it since it was my birthday. She had even taken the step of powering off her phone so that she could spend every moment of that day with me. When it wouldn't stop she attempted to pull the jack out and my dad just lost it. He started accusing her of sleeping around and that it was one of her men calling for her.

I remember how hard she cried too when he lashed out at her and started calling her the most atrocious names ever. I had witnessed the whole thing but I don't think either one of them knew that I had. I also remember the big chocolate ice cream cake in the freezer that I was looking so forward to eating. I never did though. I had lost my appetite for it halfway into the fight.