Chapter 6

When I walked into the cafeteria during lunch I was met with the loud sound of conversations. A few of the tables were empty, but the majority of them were filled. I walk with my head down, quietly zooming about the get another bottle of water and some chips.

After pushing the dollar bill into the vending machine, waiting for the chips to fall down to the slot opening, my posture stiffens because now I feel eyes on me. Glancing back my eyes land on the all too familiar pair of cold blue ones. He has a smirk on his face as some girl sitting down on his lap leans over him and whispers something in his ear but his eyes are throwing daggers at me. I look back at the vending machine and see the chips in the slot. My hands grab them and my feet expertly dash behind the path of people trailing the lunch line, hoping Ethan loses track of me.

Once I've made it to the exit, I turn back looking at the table to see he's no longer sitting there. No.

My hands frantically shove the chips and water into my bag while my feet rush to get to somewhere safe. The only sound going through my ears are the sound of my shoes hitting the floor. All too soon I get the feeling that eyes are on me again. The chills crawling across my skin from the feeling create goosebumps on my arm. A low chuckle floats through the stuffy air in the hallway but I mentally pray that Im just imagining it. No, no, no. The four periods that had gone by without me seeing him were heavenly. After the situation that happened first period, It brought my spirit up the smallest bit to not have to see him. I couldn't break this record yet.

The door labelled 'Girl's Bathroom' caught the corner of my eye. Rushing forward to the bathroom, just as I place my hand on the handle my body is suddenly pushed up against the door. His fingers dig into my sides and I sense the scowl forming on his face. I don't dare look up at his face though. My body twists and turns, struggling to get out of his grip. My foot slams down on his and for a second he lets go but a second is all I need to push him back and slip into the small bathroom. I slam the door back but his weight pushes against it.

"Grace." His voice growls out.

I throw my body against the door trying to shut it and he does the same trying to widen it. It was a no brainer that Ethan's stronger than me. My body flies back onto the tiled floor. I crawl behind the stalls as fast as I can trying to get out of his sight. The door slams shut and I hear the loud footsteps walking up in my direction.

When I look up, there's Ethan. His mouth is shaped into a scowl and anger is prominent in his eyes. He lunges at me. As my body pushes back, my head accidentally hits the wall. I lift up my arms, cradling my head when Ethan grabs my legs and pulls me forward towards him.

"S-Stop!" I shout, flailing my arms around. Not a second later Ethan grabs my chin, pulling my face towards his.

"You don't tell me what to do." He spits.

"You're not suppose to be in here."

"A little door with the words "Girl's Bathroom' is suppose to make sure I stay out?" He barks out.

His hand lets go of my chin and instead places one on my neck and uses the other to keep my arms above my head.

"Who let you out huh?" I turn my face to side.

"I know you're not smart enough to find your own way out." His hands gripping my neck harder.

"I-You, You didn't-" I choke out.

"I didn't what?"

When my response can't make its way up my throat, Ethan lets go of my throat and arms and pushes me straight into the wall of one of the stalls. Pain erupts from every part of my body. All the beating from yesterday, and the days before yesterday come back at full blast. I feel a sharp pain in my right side as slap being delivered to my cheek stings my face. I can just feel the bruises and welts forming on my body.