Chapter 18

I sat down on my bed, my back pressed up against the bed frame. My pajamas were already on after taking a shower not too long ago and my phone was set down on my lap. I stared at it for a while. Logan's contact name was nothing more than the first letter of his name and right under it was his number.

My head began pounding at the thought of calling him. Should I really? What was the worst he could do if I didn't? I looked up from my lap and focused on the report sitting on my desk that was due. After I give it in there would be no real purpose for him to speak to me. He wouldn't even have to spare me a glance.

The image of him towering over me flooded through my mind. He scared me, no doubt about that. Logan was an intimidating person, and he was demanding and confused me. I've only known him a couple months. If I didn't call him what would happen? It was already late, well after ten o'clock. Maybe he forgot already. Maybe he's asleep. Maybe- Yeah.

I didn't have to call him. He didn't know me at all. I don't have to do anything he says. Besides, he cant keep showing at up my house just because I ignore him. My fingers clicked off his contact name, shutting off my phone. I placed it on the nightstand next to me, turned off my lights and went to sleep.

☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓

This morning when I woke up my whole body was shaking. I couldn't even remember more than half of my nightmare but it was definitely terrifying. It was almost too hard to breathe and I felt trapped under my blankets, like I could barely get out. It bothered me that I couldn't remember what it was about, but I guess I should be grateful that I don't.

It consumed my thoughts as I sat at the table, stirring around the cheerios in my bowl. I was probably too late to catch my bus but it didn't bother me. The scarf around my neck was slowly starting to suffocate me but I ignored it. By the time I make it outside and into the cold air I'll probably try to make it twice as tight around my neck anyways.

I forced myself to get up from my seat about fifteen minutes later. I could probably still make it before the late bell rang.

After I got off the bus and walked up the block to my school I notice there aren't many people hanging around. There were a few people still pulling up into the parking lot but I merely glanced in that direction. The hallways were probably packed by now and I only had a few minutes to get to class. I didn't even get through the entrance yet!

My head was starting to spin in frustration. I rushed up the couple of stairs towards the doors only to find that I was right. Through the glass doors I could see the sea of students rushing and trampling over each other trying to get to class. Now I'd have to try to get through that.

I walked through the front doors and into the mass of people. I tried my best to get past everyone up until someone steps on my foot. All their weight goes on me for a split second and for that split second it felt like all the bones in my foot completely cracked. A wave of pain hits me every time I take another step but I try to block it out. I gripped harder on the strap of my bag, pulling myself forward.

Seeing as the large crowd only takes up the main hallway, I shift towards the staircase. Luckily there were fewer people and I made it up to the second floor easily. I continued on dragging myself to class.

I stepped into class a little out of breath, plus the pain shooting through my foot every five seconds didn't do too much to help me either. It was hard to ignore it no matter how hard I try. Mr.Hoffman greets me with a polite hello as I pass by and make my way to my seat. I give a small nod in response.

Aubrey was already in her seat, picking at her nails while she waited for the lesson to begin. She looks up and notices me looking at her. She sends at glare my way, her glossed lips forming a scowl and I immediately turn back to mind my own business.