Chapter 10

Monday morning was the slowest it's been in a while. It was nearing the beginning of October and that meant that all of us seniors would be receiving our mid-fall assignments soon. Everyone's just barely dragging themselves through the hallway and it wasn't even first period yet.

I sluggishly made my way over to English, tugging and pulling at my jacket to keep away the cold air. My body didn't have much meat but I wasn't shaped extremely skinny. I guess I was somehow in between skinny and normal. Either way I got cold easily and Winters were never easy for me.

As I sat in my seat I squirmed around. My clothes or more particularly the pair of jeans I chose to wear today were rubbing against my skin too harshly. It burned and put pressure on my bruises even though they fit loose.

Sunday, as in yesterday, was the most surprising start of the week. Sundays I would usually receive the worst beatings from my dad but yesterday.... nothing. No yelling, No punching, No kicking, No nothing. He just came home and completely ignored me. I had a feeling it had something to do with our new neighbors but then again who knows. Just speaking of new neighbors, It was almost suffocating to walk outside my front door this morning. I had checked the windows in advance to see if Alyssa was standing outside on the porch.

The rest of the remaining Saturday after the scene that had to do with Finn, she stood in front of the porch knocking loudly on the door and shouting at him. At first it seemed possible to finally have a friend but it's probably best I just steer clear of anybody.

Suddenly a textbook slams down next to me. My head shoots up to see who it is to find Aubrey smacking her gum. She sits perched up on the chair with the desk right beside me. She glances at me the slightest and waves her fingers at me as a sinister smirk crosses her face.

The bell rings at the same time that Mr.Hoffman walks through the class door. He greets us good morning before settling down and walking over to the dry erase board.

I fiddle around in my seat a little while jotting down the notes about Macbeth when a sharp pain shoots through my ankle. A loud hiss escapes my mouth and I snap my head to Aubrey. Her lips curve into a smile as she digs her who know how long inch heels into my skin. I pull my leg away before inhaling a sharp breath.

"Willow?" Mr.Hoffman's voice pierces through the air. "Is everything alright?"

He looks almost alarmed and then my gaze travels through the rest of the room to find everyone else's eyes on me too.

"Oh.. Mhmm." I mumble out nodding my head yes. It was a complete lie but only more attention and unwanted questions would come if I said no.

☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓☓

The rest of first period carried on that way. I guess Jamie never came today because all Aubrey did was find some way to torment me.

Im currently walking down the hall to my fourth period class when someone grabs my arm roughly pulling me back. A small yelp flies out of my mouth as Im twirled around to face a familiar pair of hazel eyes.

Finn' s eyes bore into mine like a needle, his face just inches away from mine. My first instinct is to rip out of his hands but when I step back his hands grabs onto my shoulders, squeezing them.

"Look," He voice comes out cold and bored "I'm not doing this on my behalf because I don't understand what I did wrong but because Aly has been on my ass about it for the past two days so.... I'm sorry."

I freeze for a second, my gaze rapidly changing from Finn, To the floor, To the ceiling, and then back to Finn.

"Um, I-I..." I stutter. He stays in the position of being hunched over with his hands over my shoulders for a while before intaking a breath.