Chapter 15

My hand flies up to my neck, before I run to the front door, lock it, and run back upstairs. The sound of my feet echoed through the air as I rushed into my room, searching through my drawers for a tube of concealer. When I find it I run into the bathroom, settling down the tube on top of the counter.

I tuck my hair back behind my hair and pull my shirt down, lifting my head up to get a closer look. My eyes widen at the dark red bruises glowing against my skin. One laid right on the side of my neck and another laid right on right side of my collarbones.

I unscrewed the cap of the concealer quickly, squeezing out some of the thick ivory substance onto my fingers. I swiped it over the spots, blending it away into my skin until the hickeys seemed almost non existent.

A loud sigh escaped my mouth. Regardless, it was just another bruise but how it got there stunned me the most.

I replayed the scene in my head, the sounds of moaning, the feel of his lips against my skin and his hands roaming all over my body. It made chills run down my spine. After all it happened barely an hour ago. Well, I assumed he was trouble before and now I knew it for sure.

The sound of the doorbell makes me shut off the sink faucet as I'm washing my hands of the makeup to go open the door. I was one hundred and ten percent sure it was Alyssa standing outside anyways.

As I walk down the staircase the doorbell rings again. My feet tap against the hardwood floor, sounding through the silent hallways.

When I get to the door, unlock it and swing it open, sure enough Alyssa is standing there. Her body is leaning forward against the door frame with a smirk on her face.

"Hi-ya Grace!" Her voice happily drawls out.

"Hello Alyssa." I wave nervously. She nods her head to the side and I realize I should step aside. She smiles and steps forward, walking a few feet further into my house. I close the door, the wood squeaking slightly.

"So... What was that all about, huh?" She beams at me.

"Huh?" I squeak, walking past her and into the kitchen to get started on dinner.

"Oh come on! I saw Logan's car out there! He wasn't at my house for once, so he must have been at yours." Alyssa chimes. "I was going to come over earlier because I wanted to ask you something and then I saw his car."

I turn around from the stove where I put water to boil to look at Alyssa, twirling around on one of the spinning stools placed next to the island. She stops twirling and sends me a look.

"C'mon, just tell me." She whines.

I bite my lip and look down at the floor. I can feel the warmth heating up in my cheeks as I recall what happened and then I look up and shake my head.

"N-Nothing happened." I stutter. "We're partners on a project, that's it."

Alyssa smiles and shakes her head back at me.

"Trust me Grace, Logan has been coming over long enough to hang out with Finn for me to know what he's really like." She winks. "There is no way nothing happened."

I feel my mouth drop slightly.

"What does that mean?" I question.

"Oh nothing." She says winking again.

I internally roll my eyes, turning back my attention to the stove. I grab the box of pasta and begin to pour it into the boiling water when Alyssa lets out an excited squeal.

"Oo! You remember how I said I was going to come over because I had something to ask you?"

"Mhmm." I hum out.

"Well, since it's October and all, towards the end of the month Finn always goes to this big party since, you know, it's Halloween and all. I always wanted to go to one but I don't exactly have any friends to go with so it would be pointless. If I went with Finn alone he wont let me out of his sight and I wouldn't be able to do anything. But- now I have you." She explains.

"So, you want me to come with you is what you're saying?" I question.

"Yeah! Please Grace! It would be so much fun! Plus, it's not like we know everyone there to the point where they can bother us. All I know so far is that it's hosted by some guy who goes to your school who is supposedly loaded." She carries on.

"Alyssa," I sigh out. " I cant. My dad would get so- He would never let me go."

"So I'll help you! You know, the old classic 'If you ask they will say yes' type of thing. Or-"

"Alyssa it won't work."

"You didn't let me finish! If the first one won't work then I'll help you sneak out!" She smirks.

"I don't even want to go. There's no point in going to party if Im going to be miserable the whole time. Besides, I'm never going to be able to go."

    She lets out a sigh of frustration.

"Grace please!" She begs. "I only want to go to one!"

    I don't reply. Instead, I continue stirring around the pasta, checking on it before I stand on my tippy toes to grab the strainer from the top cabinet.

"Ugh. Fine." She groans out.

"Giving up so soon?" I ask.

"Of course not! I'm just going to let you think that." She say hopping off the stool and walking around the island towards me. "Need any help?"

"I thought you said you can't cook." I scoff.

"Well, obviously not. But you can, So maybe you can teach me some of your ways."

    I give her a half smile.

"I appreciate it, but you should probably go home." I tell her. Dad is going to be home soon.

"Oh- Are you kicking me out then?" She questions with an amused voice.

"Take it how you will." I mumble, taking the wooden spoon out of the boiling water and placing it on the counter.

"Haha." She says monotone as she walks out of the kitchen.

"I'll see you when I see you!" She hollers, before she walks out of the house, closing the door behind her.

    Happy one year anniversary of Fragile guys! I started this last year on October 12, 2014! Sorry for such a short chapter on a special day, I planned for it to be longer and more exciting but my computer charger broke so I had to type half of this on my phone :( I'll be updating as soon as I get a new charger!

Vote+Comment! <3