"What are you talking about" I demanded.

"I just want to be here for you. I want to be the one you come to for your problems."

"That will never happen."

"Yeah, I know, you're in love with Mason."

Hearing Mason's name was like a slap in the face.

"I despise Mason" I growled.

He looked at me, shock written all over his face. "You what?"

"I am not in love with him. I hate him with every soul of my being."

He was silent for a couple of moments, evaluating my expression. "What changed?"

"He's a dick. Worse than you actually."

"I feel like that's an insult."

"Aren't you quick?"

He was silent for a couple of moments. "Zoe, can we just start over? Please?"

I looked into his pleading eyes. "Tomorrow. Today I'm too emotionally exhausted. But tomorrow we can start over, okay?"

He rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Alright Baker, see you tomorrow."

~*~

"Zoe, kitchen please" Mary-Anne's voice said over the intercom.

I pulled myself out of bed and slipped on some socks. I grabbed Chloe and went downstairs.

I went into the kitchen and Carson was making pancakes.

"What are you doing" I asked, taking a seat at the bar stool.

He smiled at me. "Good morning, and you are?"

I raised my eyebrows. "What?"

"I'm Carson Walker, welcome to our home. Would you like some breakfast?"

I looked at Eileen, who was busy making more batter for more pancakes.

"Hi, I'm Zoe Baker, and I would love some pancakes."

He smiled at me. "How many?"

"Two would be fantastic."

He finished cooking them and handed me two, perfectly round pancakes and a bottle of syrup. "What would you like to drink Zoe Baker?"

"Milk please."

He poured me a glass of milk. "Well I'm glad to meet you Zoe. I hope you and I can get along while you stay here with us."

I giggled at his ridiculous attempt to start over.

"I hope so too. Your name was what again?"

He rolled his eyes. "Carson Walker."

"Well Carson, I hope your pancakes taste as good as they look."

He took a seat next to me as Eileen served him two pancakes.

I took a bite, and I was met by a perfect, fluffy pancake.

"This is amazing" I said, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Momma didn't raise no fool."

I rolled my eyes. "That could be argued."

He took a bite of his pancake with a cocky smile on his face. "So Zoe Baker, how would you like to go out to dinner with me this Friday night?"

"Carson Walker, are you asking me on a date?"

He shrugged. "Call it what you want."

"Well I want to know what it is to you?"

He took another bite of his pancakes and was silent for a moment. "Zoe Baker, would you like to go on a date with me this Friday night?"

I looked into his caramel eyes, and I couldn't help but smile. "Why Carson Walker, I'd love to."

~*~

"You what" Cody asked, raising his eyebrows. He let the basketball he'd thrown in the air drop to the floor.

"I don't know. I was just caught up in the moment" I said, as I hung upside down off his bed.

"Do you want to go on a date with him?"

"I don't know! I'm just so confused."

"So, do you wanna tell me what happened between you and Mason?"

Tears welled up in my eyes. "Cody, please don't talk about it."

I felt myself being pulled up until I was face-to-face with him.

"I'm not letting you off that easy."

"Cody, I'm gonna cry if I start talking about it" I said, my voice cracking.

Still keeping one hand on me, he grabbed a box of tissues. "So let's hear it."

I relayed the story to Cody, who sat listening to me the entire time, emotionless. I found myself telling him about my father, and about his alcoholism.

"And I don't know what to do" I sobbed, as I finished.

He took me in his arms and I buried my head into his shoulder. He rubbed my back while I cried onto him.

After my tears finally let out, I pulled away, embarrassed.

He took off his shirt and smiled at me. "Good thing is, now that you've pretty much cried yourself out, you can now talk about it without crying."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "And how would you know that?"

"You think I've never seen a girl cry before? I told you Haley's parents left her for Christmas, right?"

"I'm sorry about your shirt" I mumbled. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"It needed to be washed anyways."

I let out a small laugh at his lame joke.

"See? There's that Zoe smile."

"Why didn't you tell me Mason was like that" I found myself asking. Not in an angry way, just curious.

He shook his head. "You're so dense Zoe."

"What?"

He smiled. "It's not my place to tell you. But you'll figure it out... Probably."

************************************************************************************************************

Soooo, another twist. What did ya'll think? If you're Team Carson you oughta be jumping for joy!

Sorry about being a day late. I've been super sick this week, and I got slammed in the face with a metal door at school D: So... you can say this has been a pretty bad week.

Dedicated to izzysister13 for all her supportive messages (: Thank you! It's greatly appreciated <3

Okay, so after I updated this story, I checked the stats for the What's Hot List, andddd *drum roll* YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! <3 Teen Fiction: #382 Humor: #422 I'm so sorry that I was late uploading. You guys have been so supportive!

Teaser: Well... yeah the next chapter isn't written yet. But I can tell you to look forward to a date between a certain pair of cuties!

Update: Sunday