Chap. 9

Picture off to the right is of Alison, Carson's now ex-girlfriend. But don't worry, she's not done yet. Check it out! -->

***************************************************************************************************************

"Zoe" a voice asked.

I didn't turn to look. I didn't want to know who it was.

I heard footsteps across my room, and a pair of lips pressed on my ear. "I can see you."

I turned to see Carson's worried face.

"What" I asked.

"You look like a wreck."

"Gee, thanks."

He sat down next to me and stretched out across my bed, laying his head on my stomach. He kept his eyes trained at the ceiling.

"What do you want" I asked, not too kindly.

"I've been worried about you."

"I just saw you this morning."

"So? You didn't show up for dinner, and my mom came in halfway through looking almost half as bad as you do right now. I can put two and two together."

"Why do you even care" I snapped.

"Because I care about you."

"Bullshit."

His eyes flickered to mine and then back to the ceiling. "I'm not joking Zoe."

I felt a pang in my heart. "I don't need you to play with my emotions today Walker. I've already had my heart broken twice in one day."

He shot straight up and looked me dead in the eyes. "Who broke your heart" he growled. "I'll kill them."

I was shocked by his change in attitude.

"Zoe, who did it?"

"That's none of your business" I retorted, recovering from my shock. "And quite frankly, you're one of the last people I'd ever go to for my problems."

Hurt crossed his face. "Ouch."

"You deserve it."

"I apologized!"

"That doesn't make you any less of a jerk Walker."

"Why do you call me that" he asked, looking at my wall.

"Because it's less personal than calling you Carson."

"I just want to help you Zoe. I really am sorry for being such a dick."

"You can't just come waltzing in here and expect to be my Prince Charming. As I said, I've already been hurt enough today. I'm not in the mood for your games."

"I'm not playing any games" he barked, frustrated. He turned to look at me. "I wouldn't do that to you."

"You already did do that to me" I pointed out.

"Sometimes I let my ego get the best of me" he muttered. "And I'm sorry, okay? I can't say I'm sorry enough for you can I? You're just going to hold it against me for f*cking ever!"

I rolled my eyes. "You really are the drama queen Carson Walker, aren't you?"

"Well you're being ridiculous!"

"I'm being ridiculous? You're the one who comes sauntering in here like you're some big shot or something."

We glared at each other, and then he groaned. "Why are you so difficult?"