Chap. 4

Picture to the right is Mason Walker. I think he's adorableee. Check it out! -->

*******************************************************************************************************

I ran downstairs, pulling on my boots as I went. I blindly ran through random rooms, completely lost. I finally gave up and tried to trace my steps. Somehow, I ended up to the door leading to the kitchen.

I went into the kitchen, and Eileen gave me an odd look. "What are you doing here?"

"I know I'm a little late, but Carson's never up anyways," I said.

"Honey, Carson left five minutes ago. He said you went ahead with Cody since he had extra room in his car today."

I stopped short, stunned. How could Carson do this to me?

"I'd love to drive you to school, but I don't have a license."

"Where's Emma?"

"Chase had to go to the doctor again today. They want to run some tests on him. They'll be gone all day."

"Mary-Anne?"

"Gone as well, she took the boys to school and then she's running errands."

I slumped onto a bar stool and put my head in my hands. "Why would he do this to me?"

"He's not a nice person Zoe."

I sighed, and then I shot straight up. "Why would Cody have extra room in his car?"

"Mason didn't go to school today. He's not feeling well."

"Couldn't Mason drive me," I asked.

She shook her head. "He can't drive right now."

I groaned. "This is the pits. The second day of school and I'm a no-show!"

"I'll let Emma know when she gets home and let her handle Carson."

"Well, I'm stuck here, because I have no idea how to get back to my room. I found the kitchen by accident."

"Cody left something for you last night. You'd already gone to bed." She handed me a piece of paper. It was a map of the house, hand-drawn.

"He made this?"

She nodded. "He made it last night while he wolfed down one of my cupcakes."

"That's so sweet of him."

"He considers you to be his best friend. Now go upstairs and get comfortable."

I nodded and slowly stood up. I went back upstairs and changed into a tank top and booty shorts. I let my hair do what it wanted, and I slipped on a pair of boots from PacSun.

I went back downstairs, and using my map, I located the living room.

It had several couches and a giant television, which was on. There was someone stretched out across a couch.

The figure turned to look at me, and a smile overtook his face.

"Hey Mason" I said, plopping down on a random couch.

"What are you doing here?"

"Carson ditched me."

He frowned. "He ditched you? Wow, that's low. Even for him."

I sighed. "Yeah, well he did. What about you?"

"I'm not feeling well," he said, avoiding my eyes.

I could tell he was lying, but I figured that everyone was entitled to a day of school-skipping, so I didn't question him any further.

"It's okay though, you can spend the day with me. I promise I'll try not to bite."