Like I Feel You

I can feel you in the grass.

Do you think I'm crazy?

I can feel you walking over it with those slow sweet steps of yours. I just wish I could feel you walking towards me.

Someday, I want to feel you like thunder cracking in a grey sky.

I want to feel you like rain pounding against pavement, window panes, sounding like hail and mini bouts of destruction in my ears.

Slide down my skin like oil, Oh, I wanna feel you like a cool wind on one side and the hot sun on the other side.

Can you understand me? You think I'm crazy?

Hey man, I'm not playin'. I want to understand things I didn't understand before.

Can you teach me how to love?

I heard the sheets sing of sex without love, but if I ever have the chance, I'd like to experience both with you.

And if that happens, I want to feel you like sheets wrapped around my legs and thighs like twine and the leaves on a winding vine.

Can I feel you like my head pressed into a pillow with a soft comforter wrapped around me?

You think I'm silly, don't you? I don't think I'm woman enough for you, but I have feelings.

Can I be your ideal woman for a day? Cut the bull about not changing for you. I just want to feel what it's like to be your woman.

I'm silly. I am. I have issues. I do. But I want to be with you.

I want to feel you like confidence wiping away whole blots of insecurity. Could you be the soap, water, and cloth to the inky insecurity that keeps me rooted in place?

I want to...I wanna...it doesn't matter or matta which way I say it...I wanna feel you like hot chocolate on a cold day.

Rock me in your cradle. Sing me a lullaby. I want to experience YOUR type of high.

Slide your finger down my skin, I want your scent to sink on in. Fill me up and empty me out, man, I just wanna see what you're all about.

But can you look at me, please?

Can you talk to me, please?

I know I look much younger than my years, but I guarantee you I'm much older than seventeen.

You aint rockin no cradle, and you won't regret it...I'm stuck between wanting to beg you to consider me and wanting to forget it.

I want to feel you like comfort in a hopeless place. Be my peace in the midst of desolation. Make me feel safe.

But I can't ask you for all of that. It's too much. You don't know me like that...and I don't think you care to.

And I'd ask for your number...but I get the feeling that you don't feel me.

I don't think you want to feel me like I feel you.