Chapter 9~ Faith Of A Beast

Flashback

"Listen to me you fucking beast stay away from my son understand...you are selfish and just like every beast you also take away what is not yours and only think of y'all's self, things like you belong six feet under...just stay away from my son", I stared at the floor the entire time dad was yelling into my face, he was so close I could have felt the moisture of his mouth on my cheek. Out in the distance I heard the front door open, "hey dad...I'm home", "I'll be right down, (he quickly turned his attention back to me as we heard Evan shut the door behind him) now you stay up in this room, I'm going to go spend some quality time with my son and I don't want you to interfere". Dad quickly moved away from my face and made his way to the bedroom door leaving me seated on my bed, "if I see you downstairs you're fucking dead", he quickly barked out before leaving and slamming the door shut. As the hard cold tears rolled out my eyes, my mind was blank and empty of emotions, '...but all I said...well asked...can we going on a picnic together?'

After my frustrating shower and my insanely rushing way of dirtying off my skin, I quickly slipped on a pair of underwear and dead weight collapse on my bed face first. With my eyes shut I began to wonder what it would have been like if Evan and dad were nice to me, 'we would go shopping together, eat out in awesome places like Pizza Hut, but most of all we would be smiling and laughing together all the time like a family'. As sleep began to take over my body it was soon shooed away by a loud thud that came from downstairs, reactively I got up and went out the room to see what it was, not wanting dad to see me I quickly crouched down and peep throw two of the banisters. It took me a second to adjust into a comfortable position, once done I saw Evan laying over dad's stomach as he was flat on his back on the floor laughing out loudly, "Evan you cheated, you're not suppose to take the beam out...", "how am I suppose to know that...it was sticking out and I saw an opportunity to win". Dad bursted out laughing again like if he was going to lose his mind, "so you destroy the game just so you could win", "yes...its call the 'if I can't have it then you can't have either' approach". Seeing that there was nothing to worry about I crawled my way back into the room without making a sound as I shut the door silently, once the door was close I pressed my back against it as the scene I just saw replayed in my head.

Bang-bang-bang...bang-bang-bang, "open this fucking door", the sound of dad's voice ran throughout my head which made me popped out of my sleep, as I struggle to kick the sheets off of me his banging and yelling continued, "you better open this fucking door or I will kick it the fuck down", unable to get to the door in time it jolted open scaring me back onto the bed. "Didn't I said to open the fucking door", ".....I-I tried but I was tangled up in the sheets", "what type of fucking excuse is that...you know what I'll teach you something good...good thing Evan ain't here tonight to see you acting how you normally act with me". Instinctively I tensed up not wanting him to hit me I quickly rushed out of the bed as he came forward but my legs were still tangled in the sheets which cause me to fall, hitting my chest first on the floor with a loud slapping sound, my mind spun as the vibration ran throughout my body and through blurry vision I saw dad coming closer to me, "please...don't hurt I didn't do anything wrong, I did what you said to do I stay in my room". Once dad was hovering over me he bended over and pick me up by holding onto my throat, fighting his grip has he brought me closer to his eye level, "everything about you is wrong, I have a feeling because of you and your selfishness Evan would suffer greatly and do things he shouldn't be doing, you don't deserve nothing in this world and I will make sure of that". My body began to shiver as I took in the scent of his alcohol enriched breath and body odor, "pl-please stop...I'm sorry please stop", "oh you sorry, I'll teach something good right now", dad immediately released his grip from my throat which made fall to the floor hard landing flat on my back, with a second of being on the floor I felt his foot on my chest which pin me down hard on the floor. Frozen in fear I looked up at him as he unbuckled his belt and wiped it out into the air, "I want to hear you scream like the fucking beast you truly are", with his last word lingering in my ears, all I heard after that was the sounds of my own screams as dad rain down blow after blow with his belt.