Chapter 1~My Eighth Wish

Flashback

As I rushed into my parents' bedroom, I instantly jumped onto their bed landing right in center of them,"Evan...what are you doing? It's 7:30 in the morning...", my dad moaned and hissed as he twisted and turned trying to adjust himself under my weight. "Ooh papa it's my birthday, it's my birthday", "we know baby...we know", my mom said as she rose off the bed rubbing her eyes. Once my mom was off the bed I quickly rolled off papa and laid next to him as I played with his face to wake him up completely, "Evan quit it...let papa sleep some more...papa needs his energy for the day ahead". I started to giggle when he start to fake cry and pretend that he was hurt, he wasn't doing a good job...he just kept on laughing and giggling as my fingers tickled his face. "Ok-ok I'm up, race you downstairs...the loser gets no extra piece of toast", with that said I quickly got off the bed and dashed out the room.

"Looks like you win again", papa said with a joyful tone in his voice as he stands behind mom with his arms around her waist with his head resting on her shoulder. "I know, this has been the best birthday ever", "well you know it can't be the best birthday without birthday cake", with that said she easily unwrapped herself from papa as she quickly made her way out the the living room and into the kitchen. I quickly got up and raced behind her, once in the kitchen I saw a big baby blue cake with eight lit candles on it, mom stood on the other side of the counter as she held a knife happily. "Happy birthday sweetheart, happy eighth birthday", I quickly rushed over to the counter as I pulled out a stool, the moment I was on the stool papa walked in the room with a wrapped gift in his arms as he started to sing happy birthday to me, it didn't take mom very long to start singing along with papa, once they were finished singing papa placed the gift down on the counter next to me and moved in closer to mom. "Make your wish honey and blow out your candles", with that said I immediately shut my eyes and just like that it came to me, I quickly opened my eyes and blew out the candles, once all the candles were out I started to giggle to myself from the warm thoughts of my wish, which made both papa and mom look at me with love in their eyes and confused smiles on their faces. "H-huh...Evan what did you wish for?" I quickly looked at mom and then glanced over to papa with a smile, "I wished that I could have a sister to share my family with", after that was said mom quickly rushed up to me and hugged me so tightly I had to slap her back for her to let go. "Sorry honey...but I'm so happy that you said that, because you are going to have a sister", "really?!" "Yep, according to the doctor you are going to have a sister", papa added in as he walked over to us as he pulled us into a family hug.

Both papa and I sat in the waiting room of the hospital staring blankly at each other, just oblivious on how to grasp the reality on how nine months could of passed us by so fast and more sooner than later I'll be getting a sister. As papa adverts his gaze to the clock on the wall out of nowhere a deafening war cry came out of the room mom was in, within a flash papa left my side and within a blink he was standing in front the room, I immediately got up to rush over to him, but he quickly turned towards me. "Stay there Evan...everything will be alright just stay there and be a good boy for papa ok...", his words trailed off as he turned his gaze back into the room, without hesitation I sat back down as I stared in his direction until he was out of view. 'I wonder what's going in the room, papa looked scared and worried...I hope mom and my sister is ok', I couldn't help myself as I sat their pondering over and over, out of nowhere another deafening cry sang throughout the waiting room; breaking the ripples of thoughts that were in my head. Suddenly one of the nurses ran out of room with a mask over her face as she held onto her stomach, hugging it with both arms as she drops to her knees; her arms were protectively covered by a pair of long gloves as they were coated with a thick layer of blood. Without a second thought I dashed over to the room, once there I managed to poke my head into by the tiny opening in the door, I watched as the doctor and the others nurses went wild in the room; moving back and forth towards mom and the huge machine that was behind the bed which was making crazy sounds.