Chapter 3- Welcoming Of Neo

Flashback

"Papa what you doing in here and why you making loud noises?" Papa turned his head around as he turned his body to look at me, "I'm building a crib for the baby, this room will be hers", I looked over papa carefully as I saw beads of sweat on his face, as he held small nails in his mouth sitting on the floor scratching his head; looking like he's trying to figure out what to do next. "Hey Evan can you go help mom with lunch?" I quickly nodded in agreement as dashed out the room and down the stairs and into the kitchen, "here to help me make lunch?" She showed me a warm smile as she welcomed me into the kitchen. "I'm guessing your papa is still working in the room", I quickly looked up at her as I caught her giggling and smirking to herself, "hey mom...would the baby be ok in the crib by herself?" she quickly and carefully placed the knife down on the counter and then quickly turned towards me, "of course my sweet child, when you was a baby you had a crib and you slept like an angel". She patted my head as she spotted me a smile, "but mom I'm just worry about her being alone in the room", "don't worry Evan...listen remember that day when you fell and bruised your knee, what happened when I came rushing up to you?" "Y-you said not to cry and not to worry 'cause mommy will always keep me save...and...even though I may be alone I'm never alone 'cause you're always with me", I felt myself blush when she gave me a hug and a sunshine smile, "that's right, the same thing I told you that day I will tell your baby sister so she won't have to worry about being alone because I'm always here and always will be", with that said she gave me another hug before continuing to make lunch.

Mom and I adventured upstairs to retrieve papa for lunch, as we moved closer towards the room we heard whistling and singing coming from the room, "honey you ok love?" Mom asked confused as we made our way into the room, "wow it's awesome papa...the room is really really...pink, but in an awesome", I was so hyped up when I saw what papa did; he painted the room to resemble every girl's fantasy room, with pink walls and ribbons and Barbie dolls and pink pillows all over the place. "Honey the room looks great, but where's the crib...you know the main piece of the room", both mom and I watched as papa giggled goofily as he snatched the back of his head, "well you see dare...hahaha...I think I'll buy one instead...I think it would be safer if I go with that approach", mom instantly laughed out loud as she made her over to papa as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "I told you so didn't I?" Papa quickly made a funny pouting face before saying, "you were right dare", mom quickly gave him a kiss on the lips before unwrapping her arms as she walked out the room like if she had just won a boxing match with one punch.

I watched as papa and mom played with each other in the kitchen, "what are you two doing?" They quickly turned and had expressions on their faces like if I had just caught them doing something wrong, "oh Evan we didn't see you there", mom stated as she quickly fixed and adjusted herself away from papa, who was still facing the sink with his hands in front of him as he tried hard to turn around to see me. "Papa you ok...are you holding something in front of you?" Mom quickly came up to me as she turned me around and guided me out the kitchen, "papa and I are just playing a game, plus didn't I just put you to bed young man it's passed your bed time", "I know but...I couldn't sleep...I keep on thinking about my baby sister and how she will reaction when she come home for the first time". Mom picked me up as she brought me back upstairs, but instead of going to my room she took me to the baby's room, "Evan...right now his room is waiting to welcome her as well as you are, when she come she would be happy and smiling and she would glowing brighter than the sun, and I know that once she has us there will be no day that will pass when she is not smiling". Mom words gave me so much joy and peace that I couldn't recall felling asleep, the last thing I remembered was thinking, 'when my baby sister come I'll make sure she feels very much welcomed and everyday I'll make sure she will be smiling as pretty as mom'.