chapter 2: routine

-Eight weeks later-
Frisk's pov:

I walked home from school looking foward to helping chara take care of the twins. I feel guilty sometimes going to school while chara has to stay home with them but toriel insist's that i continue my education and chara said that they can do it.

I regret that decision.

Mostly from the many text messages i get everyday thats mostly complaints and very worrying questions like "how do you get chisk out from under the couch?" But atleast when i get home from school everyday i find the twins sleeping and chara bragging that taking care of them is a "piece of cake." A obvious lie but I cant call them out on it becuase its just for my benefit. Gosh I love them. All three of them. Im more determined then ever to NOT reset this time, this new routine is predictable but still full of new adventures everyday!

I check on the twins one last time before heading to the couch to snuggle up with chara. They sighed tiredly snuggling up to me, "do I HAVE to go to papyrus's party tomorow?" They whined. I nodded.

[Papyrus is family and you know what mom said.]

Chara huffed "just becuase your dead dosent mean you can avoid doing things as a family chara."

I nodded again.

[Thats right, so you dont have a choice]

"I've never had a choice since the twins appeard." They grumbled frustrated. I frowned, 'does chara feel like a slave? Or-?' Chara looked at me "aw jeez frisk I didnt mean it, its just stressfull you know?" I nodded and gave them a kiss.

[It's stressfull for me too...but don't you love chisk and frara?]

Chara nodded.

[So hard or not we got to make this work, for them. And if you need help we can always ask our family.]

Chara sighed and rubbed their face. "Your right frisk." I gave chara anouther kiss. "Hey you know what?" I gave them a questioning look "I'm going to be younger then my kids!" thinking about chara trying to boss around 20 year old versions of our kids made me giggle.

[I got to do my homework but I'll take care of the kids if they wake up, go take a nap you deserve it "ghost dad"]

Chara smiled and kissed me on the cheek "thanks, quiet mom." I giggled and walked into my room/nursery letting chara sleep on the couch while I did my homework and keep my eye on the twins.