Forgetton Realms - Goods & Services (Alternative Keys)

Forgetton Realms
Goods & Services
Alternative Keys

The following additional tools can give you a hand in those circumstances when you don't have a proper rogue and Power Attack isn't enough or just won't do.

Acid Injector: This simple device resembles a long funnel (generally made of glass or some other acid-resistant material) with a narrow tube at one end and a large storage container at the other. It delivers a powerful acid to burn through the hinges or locks of chests, safes, and other containers, without wasting acid or damaging the contents of these containers. It takes 2 minutes to use an acid injector to apply acid to a surface. When you use it to bypass a lock, hinge, or other vulnerable point on an object's surface, the precise delivery doubles the damage of the acid used.

Adamantine Bolt Cutter: This resembles an oversized pair of pruning shears with a serrated inner blade. It is specifically designed to cut through metal bars, bolts, and other obstructions with ease, and allows the wielder to attempt to cut through any bar less than 2 inches in diameter with a hardness less than 20. Adamantine bolt cutters deal 20 points of damage plus 1-1/2 times the wielder's Strength modifier per round. Bolt cutters make poor weapons, serving only as clumsy clubs (-2 on attack rolls).

Adamantine Sledge: For the serious basher, this simple sledgehammer is perfectly balanced and crafted from solid adamantine. When you use it to attack a door, wall, container, or other object, it is a 2-handed weapon that deals 1d10 points of damage to the object and ignores any hardness less than 20. Despite its force, however, it is difficult to use as a weapon in combat, and you suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls with it.

Adamantine Toolkit: This kit contains an adamantine file, an adamantine drill (with bits of varying sizes), and a small adamantine hacksaw. It is specifically designed to allow nonprofessionals to bypass locked doors and open locked chests, and the tools are simple and straightforward (if somewhat slow). The drill in this kit allows a character to bore 2 1/2-inch-diameter hole in any object 3 inches thick or less and with a hardness less than 20 with a standard action. This is often sufficient to remove the locking mechanism from a door or container. The hacksaw can saw through up to 1 inch of material with hardness less than 20 with a standard action.

Ironbane Acid: This special form of acid affects only iron and other metals weaker than adamantine. One flask of this acid deals 3d10 points of damage to a metal object or creature made entirely of metal (such as an iron golem) and ignores hardness. Ironbane acid has no effect on adamantine or magically reinforced or enchanted metal. You can throw ironbane acid as a grenadelike weapon, in which case it deals full damage to any nonmagical metal armor, weapon, or shield that your target might be wearing or wielding.

Stonebreaker Acid: This special form of acid affects only stone. One flask of this acid deals 3d10 points of damage to a stone object or creature made entirely of stone (such as a stone golem) and ignores hardness. Stonebreaker acid has no effect on magically reinforced or enchanted stone. You can throw stonebreaker acid as a grenadelike weapon, in which case it deals full damage to any nonmagical stone object that your target might be carrying.

Woodripper Acid: This special form of acid effects only wood and plant creatures. One flask of this acid deals 3d10 points of acid damage to a wood object or plant creature and ignores hardness. Woodripper acid has no effect on magically reinforced or enchanted wood. You can throw woodripper acid as a grenadelike weapon, in which case it deals full damage to any nonmagical wooden armor, weapon, or shield that your target might be wearing or wielding.

Universal Keys
Item Cost Weight
Acid injector 75 gp 2 lb.
Adamantine bolt cutter 250 gp 2 lb.
Adamantine sledge 2,500 gp 15 lb.
Adamantine toolkit 750 gp 5 lb.
Ironbane acid 30 gp 1/4 lb.
Stonebreaker acid 20 gp 1/4 lb.
Wood ripper acid 20 gp 1/4 lb.

Anything I should add, change, and/or delete. This is a wiki of sorts.