chapter sixty

Vanessa's point of view

"You taste like cigarettes." I told Calum as he gave me a kiss. "Have you been smoking?"

"Yeah." He said and nodded. "How do you know what cigarettes taste like?" He questioned.

"Calum, they're cigarettes. Suddenly everyone smokes so I don't understand how you don't know when someone just smoked." I told him and he nodded as he kissed my jaw.

"You're killing me." He said, his hands running up my bare thighs. "God damn."

"Don't die, that simple."

"Gonna put out a new song and when you're hyperventilating, I'm gonna tell you not to die." He retorted and I nodded as he slid his hands up to my hips.

"You have very curious hands." I said as I held on to his wrist. "It's gonna get you in trouble." I told him and he laughed.

"No one's here besides us." He told me and I shrugged, telling him that was true. "Come on." He said and I let go of his wrists.

"You're honestly so fucking beautiful." He told me and I blushed as I looked at the floor. "Not to sound like... rude or player-ish, but it takes a lot for me to want to hang out with someone when we both have clothes on."

"Gee, I feel special." I said and he rolled his eyes. I leaned into him and he kept his arms around my waist. "Where do we stand Calum?"

"What do you mean?"

"You told me you weren't gonna wait around for me but-but here we are, acting as if we never had that argument and stuff." I told him and he was silent. "Did I just fuck it all up?"

"No princess, I promise." He said and I nodded. "I change my mind. I will wait because I'm not going to risk losing you to someone else, no matter how selfish that is." He said and I blushed again.

"It's kind of creepy, but it's also cute." I said and he gave me a quick kiss. "Are we doing anything today?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Want to?" He asked and I shrugged. "How about you go get dressed and we can go somewhere together?"

"I don't want you to spend money on me."

"We can go to a nearby park then, like before." He said and I agreed to that. "Go get dressed love, I'll tell Mikey where we're headed so none of them flip shit." He told me and I nodded as he kissed my cheek.

"Charge my phone for me?" I asked and he nodded. I went to my suitcase and he chuckled.

"Watch those hips babe, gonna knock something over."

"Watch that mouth Cal, gonna shove my fist in it if it keeps running."

"Sometimes I wonder why I love you."

-

Calum held my hand as we walked around the park and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Have you picked out an outfit for the awards show?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes I have. I'm going to look so good it should be illegal." I said and he laughed, saying that my confidence was sky rocketing into cocky. "Well this dress makes me glad I have huge hips and stuff." I said and he nodded.

"Do I get to see?"

"Nope." I said and he pouted. "Not until the day of." I told him and he whined.

"I'm wearing all black." He said and I nodded. "Tell me you're wearing black..."

"Of course I am." I said and he cheered. "Am I sitting with your families or with you guys?" I asked and he said that I was sitting with them.

"You're sitting between me and Luke." He said and I nidded. "You're riding with us too, so the carpet is yours aswell."