chapter fourty-four

Vanessa's point of view

"Is he mean?" I asked Luke as he combed through his hair. "Your boss I mean."

"He's more strict than mean." He told me and I nodded as I crossed my legs. "Hey Arz, have you finished in the bathroom yet? I need to finish getting dressed too."

"I'm naked Luke, I'm not letting you in here!"

"What's so bad about that?"

"Dirty." I said and shook my head as he fixed his black tie. "I'm going to go downstairs." I said as I heard the front door open. He nodded and I walked downstairs.

"Hey Luke! You guys almost ready?" Michael yelled and I looked at him. "Don't you look fancy." He said and I nodded.

"I didn't like it, so I'm in leather." I said and he laughed, agreeing with me. "Hi guys." I said and waved at Ashton and Calum.

"Hello love." Ashton said and smiled as he sat down on the couch. "You look adorable."

"I know." I said and Calum just laughed. "I'd rather be in jeans but Luke and Cal said I had to dress really nice." I said and stuck my tongue out at him.

"You do!" Calum said as he adjusted his blazer. I sat down on a chair and then crossed my legs a bit.

"How tall are those heels, god damn girl. You're gonna break your ankle." Michael said and I looked and them.

"Four or five I think?" I said and he nodded. "I normally wear four inches though, so oh well." I said and he nodded.

"I'm ready, Arz finally let me floss and put hairspray." Luke said and he walked downstairs. "Only took me ten minutes of begging."

"He's not exaggerating." I said and Ashton laughed. I stood up again and then pulled my dress down a bit. "It's hot, I'm gonna sweat through all my make-up." I told them and Calum agreed.

"What? Being pretty doesn't just happen." He said and flipped his imaginary hair. "I have so much make-up on, it's not funny."

Michael, being Michael, lucked his thumb and then rubbed it along Calum's cheekbone. "Are you sure that isn't just your greasy ass skin?" Michael asked and Calum made a weird face as he wiped his cheek.

"You practically licked me!" He said and I laughed with Ashton and Luke. "Ew." He said and stood up, getting away from Michael.

"I'm done. Is Bryana coming?" Arzaylea asked and I looked at her.

"God damn." I said and looked at Luke. "You nearly dumped her?" I asked and Luke nodded as Arzaylea rolled her eyes.

"But I didn't because I realized how big of a mistake that would have been." He said and smiled as he put his arm around her waist.

"Bryana's gonna be a little late because of her job, she's going to meet us there." He said and she nodded. "Anyways, are we all ready? Can we leave now?"

"Yeah." Arzaylea said, grabbing the keys from Luke. "I don't trust you driving after you had a couple of beers." She said and Luke nodded.

"That's fair."

-

"I feel underdressed." Michael said as he fixed his tie. "They look like millionaires, I look like I came out of a trash can." He said and I shook my head.

"You look fine." I said and he nodded as he ran a hand through his hair. We sat down at a table towards the back and Calum got into the chair beside me. Arzaylea said on my otherside and I fixed my pinky ring.