chapter thirty-three

Vanessa's point of view

"I thought that I've been hurt before," I sang softly, playing Michael's guitar as he played video games on his computer in the living room. "But no one's ever left me quite this sore."

I nodded my head and I could see my phone light up from the corner of my eye. I didn't reach for it, I just let it ring until it stopped.

"You watched me bleed until I can't breathe, I'm shaking," I sang louder as I strummed the guitar, fucking up a bit since I wasn't a guitar player really. I was more of a bass player, thanks dad and thanks Calum.

"Tripping over myself, I'm aching, begging you to come help," I continued, moving side to side a bit as I yawned a bit.

"Vanessa!" Michael said and then jumped on the bed, nearly smashing his laptop against his body and the bed. I laughed and hummed as he showed me a video. "Look what some of our fans tagged me in." He said and I nodded as I stopped.

I looked at his laptop and a video played. It was literally an edit and my mashup was in the background. I smiled and Michael sat beside me as I put the guitar in front of us.

"I can make another," I said and he nodded. I took his laptop and looked through his files. "Is it okay if I download the apps?"

"Yeah." He said and I downloaded the apps needed. "I want to see how the magic works." He told me and I went to his downloaded music.

I looked through them, glad we had similar music tastes, and favorited Time-Bomb by All Time Low and Social Casualty by 5 Seconds of Summer.

"I'm tempted to see how that will work." He said and I chuckled. When the apps finally downloaded, I loaded it and then put the two tracks.

"This is the part that takes the longest, layering, editing, and morphing." I said and he watched as I messed with the songs.

It took me nearly an hour to perfect it, but when I did, I was proud of it. I saved it and then played it from the start.

"I'm going to tweet this." He said as he went to his twitter. I laughed as out his laptop aside as I grabbed the guitar. "Should I say we're having a sleep over?"

"If you want to." I said and he nodded, saying that he was going to do it since he always posted Snapchats about hanging out with me. I nodded and then grabbed my phone, opening Instagram.

I saw Miranda post a picture of her and her grandma and although I so desperately wanted to tell her I'm sorry and that it's going to get better, I unfollowed her and then blocked her.

If she didn't post that picture, I wouldn't be at Michael's house right now.

I turned my phone off and then looked at Michael ad he addnt through Twitter. "Ew, I look weird." He said and mimicked the face he had in the photo. "Heller." He said in a weird voice and we laughed together.

A knock sounded at the door and Michael got up, saying that he'd get it. I grabbed his phone since he left it and them went to make a tweet.

"Malum is real guys it's okay," I posted and then took a random picture of then too from his gallery. I tweeted it and then went back to his indirects since that's what he was looking at.

"It's Calum." Michael said and I looked at him, Calum walking in behind him. "Might wanna shield your eyes, loverboy's beat up." He told me and Calum laughed.

"Shush Michael." He said and Calum walked in, an ice pack under his jaw. "I think Luke's fucked my jaw up." He said and I smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and he pulled the ice pack away a bit. "Shouldn't you be with Ashton?"