chapter seven

Vanessa's point of view

I mumbled lyrics quietly as I played Calum's bass, a pair of headphones on so that I was the only one that could hear it. I didn't want to wake anyone else up because I couldn't sleep.

I took the headphones off of one ear and then glanced at the neck of the bass, moving my fingers quickly to the beat of American Idiot by Green Day. I hummed and then nodded my head to the song.

I heard thumps and I took the headphones off, listening quietly. "Fuck." Someone groaned and I immediately put the headphones back on, not liking what I was hearing.

I blushed and then shook my head, trying not to think about it. It didn't take long until I was playing I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith, who so happened to have been friends with my dad.

Steven and him were like best friends, it's sad I don't see him anymore.

I wonder if I could somehow find a way to talk to him and get the band to meet him. I'm sure that'd be one hell of a plot twist.

'You're the famous ones but here, meet Steven Tyler from Aerosmith, he was like an uncle to me. I don't think you've met him yet so yeah, love you.'

I sighed as I realized I had no way of contacting him, but then I remembered, after like five minutes, that he gave me his phone number. Not his work phones, his actual phone number, that I had only used a couple times.

Please tell me you didn't change your number Mr. Tyler. I know it's been awhile but please.

-

"What's got you all happy?" Luke asked as I put my phone away. "I know you don't got a boyfriend."

"Not really, I just found the next song I'm going to learn on bass." I said and he hummed, asking me what it was. "For Whom The Bell Tolls-"

"-by Metallica?" He asked, nearly spitting his water out. "Don't you think that's a little advanced?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I can do it if I set my mind to it." I told him and he nodded. "I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Do I have to go to school tom-"

"Yes." He answered, cutting me off. I sighed and leaned back, my hair falling in my face. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?" He asked, sitting down at the table with a bowl of cereal.

"Yeah."

"What did you eat?" He asked before spooning some of the cereal into his mouth. I chuckled and sat up a bit.

"I ate granola with yogurt, bananas, strawberries, with honey drizzled on the top." I said and he nodded. "I also had orange juice."

"You washed your dishes?" He asked and I nodded. "No wonder why I didn't see any. Okay then, just making sure."

"I can't stand things that are messy, it's not that I'm a 'neat freak', but when something is messy it just irritates me." I said and he chuckled as he nodded.

It went quiet and then my phone rang, lighting up with the name 'Tyler'. "Who's that?" He asked and I grabbed my phone, holding my index finger up. "Did you just give me the finger?"

"Hello?" I asked and it was silent for awhile, making my chest ache slightly. What if he didn't remember me, or what if this was the wrong number?

"Nessa?"

"Yeah..." I said and smiled, wondering how his voice had stayed the same. "Uncle Steve?" I asked quietly.

"Why haven't you called me? I missed you!" He said and I pulled my knees up to my chest. "How are you dear?"