Ethan.

"Away from me."

Why the hell did I say that? How did my lips form the words? What was wrong with me? 

I turned to stare at Nevada. Her face was pale, lines had formed under her eyes and a small frown had crossed her face. I concentrated on the highway only a few minutes longer before I found a dirt road, switched a turning signal on, and turned. I must have scared Nevada slightly, because she shrank into her seat. 

Parking the truck at the side of the raod, I turned the key and the truck went silent. Everything went silent, for that matter. Nevada uncoiled, I took off my seatbelt and turned to her. "You know what I am, you know what I do. If I didn't kill--" I stopped, choked, swallowed, continued. "Then I wouldn't have said that. I'm not...good, Nevada. I'm not safe."

"Then why haven't you killed me yet?" She asked, sounding choked. Sounding how I felt. "You're not as bad as you seem, Ethan. Don't you think that if I thought otherwise I would have struggled when you brought me out of the rain?" Maybe that was true, but I refused to think that. For the next few moments after her question, I stared down on the steering wheel. What would I tell her?

"Hey, sorry, I was wrong" ? No, that wouldn't do. My cheeks suddenly heated, and mentally, I cursed myself. Should I...kiss her? The thought strayed into my head, and I turned to stare at her a moment; her eyes were fastened on me, full of worry. How cliche would that be? I held back a chuckle. The idea was tempting, however. How dare I though?

 Don't do it, that voice returned. You know how complicated crap will get if you do it. Don't do it, understand? 

My eyes narrowed. Screw it. I turned to her once again, finding her with eyes still on me, but looking more relaxed than before. I framed her face with my hands, and watched as her eyes grew slightly bigger than before. Was I even there as I did it? When I leaned forward and planted my lips on hers?

Maybe.

~~~

So much planning to do x-x

Vote, don't forget to comment. =3 <3

--Allison.