Nevada.

I don't know how long we ran, or how far we ran, for that matter. All I know is that while we ran, the police shouting and firing their guns behind us, Ethan gripped my hand. As if he were hanging on for dear life.

And I did the same; I entwined my fingers with his and I didn't want to let go of him. Maybe it was just the moment; I was thinking how I was because we were hand in hand running from the cops.

But it was something that felt...real. Something that was dangerous, but also something that was able to defy all odds. It terrified me that I was able to think that of someone I hardly knew, especially a murderer.

He led me around the woodlands, each moment leading us deeper into nature and farther from civilization. My heart was thudding rapidly in my chest, but I forced myself to listen for any sounds behind us. I could hear the shouts fading off into the distance, there was no longer the pop of gunfire making our ears ring.

Around a boulder and to a small, somewhat clear patch of grass, Ethan finally let my hand drop, his fingers lingering against my hand, and he sank to the ground, head bowed between his knees. "We should be safe for now," he told me, gazing up at me as I crouched beside him.

I kid you not, I stared into the dark pools of green that were his eyes and felt a smile creep upon my face, my cheeks flush, and my heart pick up the pace and begin thumping again.

I was falling for him...

~~~~

I just needed to get this over and write. I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, so I wanted to update.

--Allison.