I turned to him and rose an eyebrow, waiting patiently.

Lee looked around frantically, trying to find an escape route.

Byakko was still snoring peacefully so he was no help.

Lee looked hopefully to Gaara.

He crossed his arms and looked stoically back at him, eyes hardening and chin tilting upwards in an intimidating glare, daring him to palm this off onto him.

Lee flinched and cowered, then his eyes traveled to my face.

My expression had soured at the long wait, my face becoming shadowed and my eyes glowing.
My glare was far harsher than Gaara's.

He let out a quiet yelp and gulped nervously.
Then he closed his eyes momentarily in determination.

He placed a finger on his cheek and bit his bottom lip shyly, a blush forming on his face,
"Do I really have to say it again?~ I'm so embarrassed~~..." He mewled whilst wiggling his behind.

My jaw dropped open and my eyes went blank along with the rest of the team.
"Uh... You know what... Forget it...I really don't want to know..." I said with a somewhat disgusted expression.

I heard the group do a collective sigh in apparent relief but I brushed it off.

We soon packed up and began the rest of our journey to the temple.
Already we were seeing old ruins dotted about the landscape, crumbling and forgotten in time.

I once again had my arms behind my head as I walked peacefully, a stark contrast to the previous days of nightmares and sleeplessness.

Instead, it looked as if the rest of the squad had suffered my night terrors, their eyes puffy and heavy in their weariness.

"Hey Gaara," I said shyly as I fell into step with him at the back of the group.

His troubled expression relaxed somewhat at my arrival,
"Furasshu," he breathed.

I laughed quietly,
"I always find it so funny when you call me that."

His eyes flashed in curiosity,
"Oh? How so?" He said light-heartedly.

"It's the way you're so formal about it," I replied,
"It just suits you to say that kind of thing...
Whereas I can't really call you 'of the desert' now, can I?" I joked.

His lips twitched into a small smile, an accomplishment for such a stoic person.

It didn't last long, however, when his eyes travelled down to my neck, expression becoming troubled once more.

I touched it anxiously, feeling the small bumps I received merely a week before.

"Is it the wounds? Are they infected?" I asked worriedly.

He gave a small gasp and shook his head,
"Nothing," he said a little too quickly.

I narrowed my eyes, opening my mouth to question further.

"We're here!!" Izumi interrupted before I could speak.

I gawked at the building, marvelling at its beauty.
The structure was immersed within the wildlife, entwined with vines and shrouded by foliage.

'No wonder it took so long to be discovered...'

Limestone walls were piled on top of each other, like the tiers of a cake.
"It's kinda like a pyramid..." Kiba muttered.

The carvings on the walls depicted legends tied to the moon, hence the name: 'Tsuki' temple.

Byakko yipped from his position ahead of the group, gesturing with his narrow snout.

I looked curiously behind him.

Marble pillars supported the apparent entrance which led down into a tunnel spewing darkness.

"I guess that's the way in..." Lee said distractedly.

I shivered involuntarily.
"My powers will be weaker down there..." I said nervously.

"The team that was sent to scout it out told us that it was some kind of special jutsu.
You go through the tunnel and it leads to a courtyard which you can't get to from the outside.
Apparently it's a maze of sorts..." Izumi said distantly as she inspected the ruins with mild interest.

I gulped, grabbing a branch then using a small version of the white flame jutsu to light it.
"Well then, let's go..."

Byakko bounded up to my position and brushed into my side reassuringly as we headed towards the tunnel.

I led the team, my chakra torch burning brightly.

I sent chakra to my skin to cast more of a glow on the dank walls as the blackness surrounded me.

My breathing noticeably increased and the air was unnaturally cold.

Thankfully the tunnel was quite short so we soon emerged into...

"What the... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeell...."