Chapter 1

Finally, that awful situation was over with. Ladybug's Miraculous beeped, signifying three minutes left. Right. Time to hurry.

She grasped her yo-yo, ready to escape, and was about to go when she heard a voice behind her.

"Excuse me! Miss Ladybug, do you have a moment? I'd like a word with you, if you don't mind." Mayor Bourgeois smiled pleasantly.

Ladybug stared at him like he was crazy, but he didn't seem to notice or care that she had only minutes before her identity would be revealed. She looked around, spotting a restaurant nearby that she could use to detransform in if she ran out of time. She tied her yo-yo around her waist.

"Fine," she agreed. "Really  quickly, please."

The mayor smiled. "Thank you. So, I am pleased to inform you that the city of Paris shall be holding a celebration in honor of Ladybug and Chat Noir, our brave heroes and valiant defenders. It will be held in three weeks at my hotel's ballroom. All of the information is here."

The mayor handed Ladybug an envelope made of thick, cream-colored paper. The front was embossed with shining gold lettering.

"I'd be honored to attend." Ladybug smiled. "Thank you."

The mayor smiled, then walked towards Chat with a similar envelope. Okay. Now  she was out of time.

At lightning speed, she ran down to the back of the restaurant behind her. She snuck in through the back door, then hurried unseen to the bathroom. She ducked into a stall and scarcely had time to close its door before she reverted to her regular self. She exhaled, relieved.

"Hang in there, Tikki," she whispered into her open purse. "We'll be home soon enough." Then, she strolled nonchalantly out of the restaurant and rushed home.