Part 7

The conversation between the Kindred and North was so long you and Jack just decided to head back to Jack's place. Though something got you curious about the Kindred

Jack let himself fall to the bed, letting out a big heavy sigh.
"You alright?". You sat beside him making the bed sink a little bit more.
"Yeah...". He answered, still looking at the ceiling.

Being near Jack feels nice. Aside from the fact that its always chilly cold around him. He's jolly person. He's always smiling and giggling and just goes with the flow.

You got so lost in your thoughts you just found yourself smiling at him.

"Is there something on my face?".
"W-what? N-no!". You snapped out
"You were staring at me for like a minute". He chortled
"Was I? Pfft. Anyways..". Totally changing the subject.

"What's it doing here? The Kindred." You said.

"Well, first of all they are from the spirit world and second they only appear when someone's about to die..or at least that's what I heard". Jack explained
"What?! Aren't you worried that someone will actually die?". You were confused and worried.
"Relax, Guardians are immortals okay? We don't die unless we are killed by someone. And everyone here in Windshear are immortals...but not everyone is a Guardian."

Okay, Jack has a point. There's no need to worry. "Sooo..."

"Yes. No one's gonna die"

"Oh."..

The silence slowly started to creep in as you both awkardly sit there doing nothing.

~~Jack's stomach let out a rumbling sound~~

"Uhh.. You wanna go grab some food?" Jack offered as you tried to hold your laughter
"Sure!" you said as you both went out.

"Hey since we're outside why don't we tour around? But let me grab some food. Im starving". Jack said
"Okay". You replied with a smile.

You both went out and grabbed something to eat. Jack toured you around, pointing places where you can go whenever you need something. There were small parks, villages,of course North's castle that was in the middle, and a large forest at the edge of the floating island. You both headed there to rest and finish your food.
Jack sat under a random tree and finished his food.

"This is my spot. I go here whenever I want to be alone and away from everyone else". Jack looked at the sky.
"People hardly go here because there's nothing in here other than trees" He added.

The forest reminded you of your burned down cabin. It was odd, still no idea who did and why someone did that.

*rustle*

You looked at Jack. "I thought no one goes here?".

"I said, hardly. Didn't say completely"

You both agreed to check the noise and as you get nearer you both heard a hum and a growl.
You hid at behind the tree and peeked. It was the Kindred.
It wasn't doing anything. Just observing the surrounding.

"None can hide" a gruff voice said.
"Though many try". An innocent voice added.

"Lamb, tell me a story". The gruff voice said

"There was once a pale man with dark hair, who was very lonely". The soft voice replied.

"Why was it lonely?"

"All things must meet this man, so.. they shunned him"

"Did he... chase them all?"

"He took an axe and split himself in two. Right.. down.. the middle"

"So he will always have a friend?"

"So he will always have a friend..." The soft voice ended.

Jack showed himself with his hands up. " Woah, we weren't trying anything".
You followed him.
You can now see clearly what the Kindred is.
One looks like a lamb, standing on two feet. It looks like a human in a way , just covered in wool.
The other one is a flying head of a wolf with a trail of smoke for a body.
They both wear a mask that represents each other.
They have glowing bluish-purple eyes that seemed creepy.
The Lamb is holding a bow but no quiver.

"We just wanted to see who's in here". Jack said nervously

"Its heart beats fast now". The wolf said.
"It knows" The Lamb added.

It tilted its head and said.
"I wonder how they see me".
"Ashes on wool" the other one said.

The duo seemed to be just looking at you and not paying attention to Jack. It stared directly at you without saying a word.

"Hello?". You said, trying to make a conversation.

"Be careful young man". It replied. Then turned away disappearing as you blinked.

"That was a close one".  Jack sighed in relief.
"What do you mean?". You said, confused.
"It is very odd and rare to even see the Kindred here at Windshear. It seems like its just waiting for something.. or someone."
Jack looked at you worriedly.

-------
A/N:
I had to reread all the previous chapters I have written cause I honestly forgot the flow of the story and what was I planning to do with the story.
Anyways, here the updated after 2 years :D. I know its boring but bear with me

xx W|C|K|D