Chapter 11

I am sitting on my bed waiting for Moa. The three of us had breakfast together and after that Moa disappeared for a bit. She later joined us in our room and we hung out. After having lunch together, she told me she'll be coming to pick me up for our date and with that she went to Su-chan's room with her. I don't really know what she's planned but seeing as this is my first date, I wanted to look nice. So I changed into something just a little bit nicer and put on my red skirt, pairing it with a plain white tee and a pair of black converse.

     Soon I hear the bell ring. I thought she had the key-card with her, or maybe this is her trying to make the whole thing seem as real as possible. Cute. Smiling to myself I open the door. There she stands, in her black tee and denim shorts with her white keds, holding a laptop. So I guess it really is going to be a hotel-room date. I chuckle to myself as I let her in.

"What's so funny?" she asks, making herself comfortable on my bed, opening the laptop.

"Oh it's nothing. It's just... this whole thing... what you're doing... it's extremely adorable," I tell her as I settle in next to her.

"Adorable? I was going for romantic. But... that's okay. This is just the beginning."

"There's more?"

"Of course. I'm going to try and give you the whole dating experience as you see in the movies," she says looking through the list of movies and selecting one.

"Ooh... So what are we watching?"

"Ever seen Mimi wo sumaseba?" [a/n. the English title is Whisper of the Heart]

"Oh that? Rau-chan recommended it to me but I still haven't seen it. Is it any good?"

"I haven't seen it either. Su-chan says we should watch it so it must be good."

     The movie starts and I get lost in it. This is a gem of a movie. After it's over I turn to her and she is looking at me with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"That was awesome," I tell her.

"Yeah. I did good, right... picking that movie?"

Something about the way she's looking at me- with big round eyes, blatantly fishing for a compliment from me, makes me feel like teasing her.

"I thought it was Su-chan's recommendation?"

"Eh? It was...but... I... But it was me who made the decision to choose it at the end."

"So are you saying the end justifies the means?"

"I guess... I don't know. Come on, stop it. Give me a little credit here," she pouts.

"I'm just kidding," I laugh, "and yes, you did wonderful," I say giving her a peck on the lips.

"Geez. You shouldn't tease me so much," she says as she puts the laptop away and starts getting off the bed.

"But your face when you get flustered is so cute I can't help it." I get off the bed myself.

"Shut your face," she says looking away.

Wait. Is she blushing?

"Are you blushing?!" I try to get her to turn towards me.