Chapter 9

Today is the day of our show. We spend the day rehearsing and preparing for the evening. Things are surprisingly normal inspite of everything that went down last night.

Last night, after Moa's resounding proclamation Su-chan got even more excited. She started going on about how she always knew something like this was bound to happen between us and bombarded us with questions, making assumptions and putting out theories. She even went as far as planning our future, from our marriage to the kids we'll be having. Moa and I could do nothing but listen to her chirp. The more she spoke, the more embarrassed I got. Even Moa seemed to be blushing after a while. I finally stopped her when she started moving on to baby names. I couldn't handle anything more. I pretended I was dead tired and saying my goodnights I immediately went to bed. Su-chan being Su-chan is tough to handle sometimes.

The show went down without a glitch and as for me, it might have been one of the most memorable ones yet. I don't remember the last time my movements felt that light or the last time I enjoyed performing to that extent. Everytime I looked at Moa I just had to smile, and everytime we made eye contact I felt I might fly away. Forgive me if it sounds like I'm bragging but I believe I delivered one of my best performances yet.

It's after the show and we are in the dressing room sitting on the couches arranged around a center-table. The crew is busy running around, taking care of after-show business, arranging our dinner, etc., so it's just the three of us in here. Su-chan is sitting snugly in the single seater couch immersed in her phone, while Moa and I are in the big one on her right. Moa is laying back resting her head over the back cushion, her eyes closed, and I am sitting facing her, leaning on my left arm on the back of the couch. I take her hand and without really thinking about it I start tracing on her palm with my finger.

"Moa." she says, her eyes still closed.

"Huh?"

"That's what you were writing, isn't it?" she says looking at me.

"Uh...oh, yeah," I reply. "See if you can guess this one." I trace another word.

"Big Hero 6."

"Oh. I didn't think you'd get that."

"I recognised only the '6' at the end so I just said what came to mind."

"Cheater."

"How is that cheating?" She pretends to look hurt.

"Okay. What about this?"

"Could you write it one more time? ... Flower?"

"Yeah. And this?"

"Once more... again, please... That's too hard. Pass."

"Is this easier?"

"Love."

     Su-chan clears her throat. Moa and I exchange a look that says "oops" and burst into a fit of giggles, leaning into each other.

"You lovebirds seriously have to cool it. Or at least save it for the hotel room where no one will walk in on you," Su-chan remarks half-joking, half-serious.

     I notice then that the way we are indeed looks quite intimate. I am still sitting facing Moa and she has turned her body towards me as well. I am holding her hand in both of mine and our faces are inches apart as we're laughing together. Moa seems to notice too and we both shift ourselves slightly.