Chapter 1

Everybody up!

As always ours cabin captain busted through the doors of our sleeping quarters and started barking orders. The same thing every day, we get out of bed, we clean our selves up, we eat breakfast, we train then we eat lunch, then we train even more, then we eat dinner and train some more, then we're offered time to ourselves. And after a long day of training, we're sent to bed to do it all over again the next day.

It was always the routine, here in the SYD. The Special Youth Division always had a routine. People here always told us what to do and how to live our lives. Not that there was much of a life here anyway. It wasn't that bad here though. We were fed decent food, we slept in somewhat comfortable beds. And we were treated like most other people. And the training was always the best part.

I always loved the training because of what we were capable of. We can do things that most people in the world can't. We were different from others. Well that's what the director first told us when we came here.

"You're not like the normal people outside of this camp" he said emphasizing the world "normal" it was bad word." You can do things that no one else can. You can do super human things."

That was three long years ago. They gave me the injection when I was twelve years old and my parents left me at this camp, at the base of the mountains in the Denver Forest.

That crazy injection that changed my life in a way I never thought possible. It changed the lives of so many other kids around the world. Hundreds of them, even thousands.

The injection that gave us unimaginable powers. The injection that changed our genes into those of a superhuman, a mutant, or a freak was what most people liked to call us.

We have speed faster than pro Olympic track runners and strength of ten grown men. I can run one hundred meters in four seconds. I know people who can run it in zero

But those aren't the only powers that we have. We can do scary things or beautiful things. We can help or make things worse. We can heal people or hurt people. We even have the power to kill

Some people here can run an entire track in the blink of an eye. I know others that can fly. I know someone who can use their mind to lift an Airbus plane. I have seen people shoot rays out of their eyes or scream so loud they can shatter glass within a mile away. I know people who can turn into animals at their own will or people who can teleport from one side of a city to the other.

I was gifted with the ability to control the four main elements. I can emit a dragon- like stream of fire from my very hands. I can point my finger and make water shoot out from the end like a water gun. I can freeze the water into the shape of a sword and kill someone with it. I can manipulate the earth to pull out a mass of dirt, and pack it hard enough to send it flying toward someone and cave their heads in. I can lift myself up on cushion of air, and soar through the sky, almost like I'm flying, but a lot more effort needed.

There's many other things that I'm going to try with my powers today, that fly through my head. But for now I just lay here in my bed, blurry eyed, watching the figures of other drowsy kids getting out of bed.

"Hunter!" I instantly sit up at the sound of my analysis, e coming from the grumpy captain's voice."What are you, a zombie or something? Get up and start getting ready, you know the drill." Yeah it's easy to remember when you're screaming it in my face every morning, I think to myself. He wanders off to yell at more kids, still in bed.

I whip the covers off my legs, and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I make a sorry attempt of standing up, but nearly fall back down from fatigue, before I feel a familiar hand grip my shoulder my shoulder. Vladimir.