Hospital

Mute 

Chapter 16

*Mal's POV* 

White. White was everywhere. White was what I saw when I opened my eyes. White was saw when I closed them. Everything was white. 

The white was turning into something else and it took me a second to see what it was. But I quickly realized they were clouds. When did I get outside? 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard giggling. I looked up to see a beautiful little girl, bouncing around, laughing all the while a little boy with brown curls chased after her. 

"Mally! YOU were supposed to be it! I already chased after you!" 

"But you love chasing after me, Harry!!"

"Yeah..but when will it be your turn?" Harry whined.

"Soon...IF YOU CAN CATCH ME!!!" It was weird. Looking at myself in the past. I was running away from Harry. At first he looked shocked but then he started laughing and chasing after me once again. I remember this happening every time we would come out to our secret hide out to play. No matter how long we played..he never seemed to catch me. Maybe he didn't want to.

I looked back up to the clouds and everything turned white again. I heard calm voices. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but they weren't shouting like before. I heard a constant beeping noise and tried to open my eyes, but instead, saw white again. 

This time, the white turned into the school halls. I recognized them as the hallway of my middle school. I heard voices and turned the corner to see a tiny girl standing behind a boy while a group of bigger boys crowded around them. How could I forget this day? I remember every detail of it clearly.

"What are you gonna do about, Styles? Did I offend your little GIRLFRIEND?" The main boy snickered. Even from a far distance, I could feel the anger radiating off of Harry's back. 

"You don't want to know what I'll do. But I promise you this: you won't see it coming.." Harry said between clenched teeth. 

"You can't do anything. And neither can your dad. No matter how much money he pays, he can't buy you any normal friends. Because no one wants to be around you and your little weirdo of a friend." 

"DON'T TALK ABOUT MAL THAT WAY. APOLOGIZE. NOW." Harry demanded. 

"Harry...it's okay...let's just go to class.." I said in a small voice, still cowering behind Harry's shoulders. 

"Listen to the freak, Styles. Go." That was the final straw. Harry grabbed his hand and whipped him around, squishing him between the lockers and himself. His friends were too shocked to do anything, so they just stood there. No one had ever stood up to their leader before. 

"Get off me!!" 

"Apologize." 

"NO way! You're fucking crazy!!" Harry took him and hit him up against the locker. Then he took him and threw him on the ground, getting on top of him and started going at his face. Punch after punch. The kid's friends finally woke up from their day dreams and went to grab Harry, but he was quicker. He punched one of them square in the jaw, so hard he fell back and was out like a light. The other kicked Harry while his back was turned. Harry got off of the leader and turned around, glaring at the kicker. Harry swung his leg out and the kid toppled to the floor. Harry then grabbed his leg and pulled him closer to him and got up and kicked him once in the stomach, the kid reacting with a loud groan. Looking around, I realized just how strong Harry was. 

"APOLOGIZE." Harry said in a deep, low voice, sending shivers down my spine. 

"I'm sorry! Please just leave us alone! God!" With that Harry looked at me and nodded, asking if that was good enough. I nodded back and he grabbed my hand and led me away from that wretched hallway. I dug my feet into the ground and Harry turned around, eyebrows burrowed in confusion.