Every Word Feels Like a Shooting Star

Gabe got a text the next day from Rachel.

R: Meet me in the auditorium after school.

He was a bit confused: didn't she hate him? (Or so he thought.) She DID run out after their song yesterday.

G: Why?

As he waited for a response, he noticed someone in his class not really paying attention; the guy was playing on his phone. Is he that bored? he thought.

The guy noticed Gabe watching him, and quickly turned away. Then he got a text back from Rachel.

R: Just trust me. It's kinda important.

He quickly texted back a quick ok as the bell rang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel was sitting on the piano, waiting for Gabe. While waiting, she felt like someone-or rather, something-was behind her. It wasn't until she heard a voice that she realized who it was.

"Hey Rach."

She turned around and saw Finn with his angel wings. "Hey!" she exclaimed, jumping off of the piano. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you," he replied. "So, why the piano?"

"Well..." She was a bit hesitant on telling him, but she answered anyways. "I wanted to sing to someone."

"Who?" Finn asked curiously.

"Gabe."

"Because you like him and you don't know exactly how to tell him?"

Rachel was shocked. He took the words right out of her mouth.

"I've been watching you." Once he said that, he realized how it sounded. "That sounded less stalker-ish in my head." They both laughed.

"It's just...with you, it was easier because we were both in Glee club and stuff," she said.

"What about Jesse and Brody?"

"Well, I sang with Jesse at the library, and Brody...it just happened."

"...But it's different with Gabe."

She nodded. "Is that a bad thing?"

Finn shook his head. "It just means you're growing up. I mean, sure, I would've preferred this over what happened at our first Glee rehearsal, but you were young."

"That was definitely a rehearsal to remember." She chuckled. She then looked into his eyes. "Are you okay with this?"

He nodded. "Gabe's a good guy." He then pulled her into his arms.

She embraced his hug, and whispered, "Thank you."

She pulled away and saw him smile before he disappeared. She then turned to the piano player, who started playing the song. As she sang, she kept looking at the door in anxiety. "You, by the light, is the greatest find. In a world full of wrong, you're the thing that's right."

When he finally waled through the door and into her sight, her stomach turned. She didn't know why, because she was the one who told him to come. But she still felt her legs metaphorically turn to jelly as he got on stage and sang the male solo. "And this could be good, it's already better than that. And nothing's worse than knowing you're holding back."

"I could be all that you're needing, if you let me try," they harmonized as he walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her torso. She abruptly pulled away, still afraid to accept her feelings for him. But when he took her hands in his and lifted her chin up, she knew that she made the right choice.