Introductions

Rachel Berry hung her head in shame as she walked down the halls of NYADA to her next class. She was the favorite to be Fanny Brice in Funny Girl: she made it, but after a few weeks of evening shows and matinees, she became ill and couldn't be Fanny anymore.

She was eventually replaced by that perky girl she met at the first NYADA mixer: Harmony. Rachel was very talented as Fanny, but did she get high praises from Ms. Streisand herself? Sadly, no.

Now she had to finish her freshman year, and she couldn't wait for spring break to arrive. She planned on returning to Lima, Ohio, to visit her dads. She also wanted to walk the halls of McKinley High, her Alma mater, and check out the New Directions! to see how much talent they have since she left.

As she walked into the familiar dance space that held Ms. Cassandra July's dance class, she took note of all the familiar faces. She then saw one that wasn't as familiar to her. Could he be a new kid? she thought to herself. 

She took in the sight. Dirty-blonde hair, deep-blue eyes, light skin; no doubt, he was very handsome. Then she saw the faces of the other girls in her class; all eyes were on him. Of course.

She took her spot at the bench and put down her things when she heard someone come over to her. She looked up to see the handsome newbie, stretching at the bar that was, coincidentally, right next to her.

"You were in the Funny Girl revival, right?" she heard him speak.

She looked around before turning back to the boy and asked, "Are you talking to me?"

He simply chuckled and replied, "Well, who else would I be talking to?" He stopped stretching and held his hand out. "Gabriel. I go by Gabe."

"Rachel Berry," she answered, shaking his hand before getting a hair tie out of her bag and putting her hair up in a pony.

"I know." He then went back to the bar before continuing to talk to her. "I don't know why they replaced you with that other girl for Fanny. In my opinion, you were way better than her."

"Thanks," she replied, smiling. She then came up to the bar and stretched.

"So," Gabe asked her, "what brought you here?"

"Well," she started, "my best friend, Kurt, and I first wanted to go to Julliard for college. Then we found out that they don't have a musical theater program. We found out about this school, and we both applied and tried out."

"What happened?"

"I got in, but he didn't."

"Oh, that sucks," he replied.

"Yeah, it does." She then continued with the story. "But after a few days in hell-"

"Hell?"

"Well, my ex-boyfriend went to the army, and Kurt stayed in our hometown while I went to New York. Ms. July, the teacher of this class, gave me a REALLY hard time in my first few days, and my old roommate slept with practically the ENTIRE school. Then Kurt moved here, and we rented out a small apartment. After the Winter Showcase, they accepted him."

"Nice!"

"I know." Then she stopped and asked, "What about you?" She put her hands on the bar. "What's your story?"

"I was actually born here in New York," he replied.

Lucky, Rachel thought to herself. "What part?"

"Middletown." He then got off of the bar and took a seat, motioning for her to sit with him.

She took her seat as he spoke, "I have a younger brother, but our parents divorced a few days after he was born. My dad took him to Lima, while my mom stayed here with me." Lima? Rachel thought as he continued. "She didn't want to remarry, but she didn't like her maiden name, so we kept my dad's family name. Anyways, I grew up in musical theater, considering how much my mom loved it. I actually was in all four of my high school's musical productions. Then, when it was time to choose colleges, this was my first choice."

"How come I never saw you in the first half of the school year then?" Rachel interrupted.

"My mom wanted me to go to a law school."

"So, where did you go?"

"Well-"

"Alright class," a voice interrupted him. They both turned their heads to see Ms. July, a bottle of wine in her hands.

"Does she always have that?" Gabe asked.

"Everyday," Rachel replied.

~~***~~

So...I wanted to start a GLEE fanfiction, and this was the first idea that popped into my head. Hopefully, this is alright.

Picture of Gabe (Aaron Tveit) on the side :) >>>>>

Fun Fact: I actually based some of Gabe's life on Aaron's. And I got the name "Gabe" from the musical, Next to Normal, which Aaron was in. lol :P

Trailer on the side, made by @Revenge1 :)

See you next chapter!!

~~***~~