Six

Lauren's POV:
    A few days have past since the almost too good to be true studio session and we were expecting for the single to be released in two days.

The date set was 7/27 that has a sort of ring to it, doesn't it? We have been promoting like crazy, so all over our managements social media accounts and me and Normani's the song title "Just Skin" was plastered everywhere.

Normani and I are meeting up today to just hang out, one last time before things jump off with the single making us busy all of the time.

I got to her house around 6 & she greeted me with a huge grin and a hug, jumping into my arms. She wrapped her legs around me and I held her up the best I could.

We both enjoyed spending time with each other almost too much, that's why she still takes up most of my day even though we're done writing and recording the song.

"Someone missed me" I said grinning and squeezing one of her ass cheeks.

"Oh god Lauren stop" she said hopping down quickly "But I did miss you & I'm sooo excited about everything" she pulled me all the way inside of the house and I shut the door behind me.

She had a surprisingly big house, she must have made more money than I thought while with DNAC.

I sat down on the couch next to her waiting for her to put her shoes on. Even though I gave her 30 extra minutes I knew she wouldn't be ready on time.
She was taking her sweet time so I butted in "Mani! Hurry up damn".

She looked at me and chuckled "okay okay sorry. What are we doing today anyway?"

"Well I was thinking for our date we could-".

She interrupted "Lauren, it's not a date".

I gave her a quick glare and finished talking as if she had said nothing "Like I said for our date-"

We both burst into laughter and she mushed my shoulder and said "You are a mess".

I chuckled "Okay I'll stop, but I was thinking we could go to a drive in movie. I never went before, it sounds fun".

She looked at me and squinted her eyes "Hm, It sounds romantic to me".

"No no nothing like that, just two people in the music industry that happened to grow into good friends hanging out" I said defensively "I know what you said mama, but hey don't blame me if you're feeling a little frisky during the movie" I teased and held my hands up in defense.

The movie didn't start until 9pm but it was a long drive to get there so we headed out after she put her shoes on so we could have time to grab a bite.

We arrived at a cafe and started to place our orders. "Mani let me pay for you this time please? I really want to" I whined.

She let out a laugh "Why Lauren? No I'll pay for myself" She was so damn stubborn but also independent and that's one of the many things I liked about her.

After we finished eating we still had a little time while before we needed to head out to the road.

Normani sat there scrolling through her phone and suddenly gasped pulling her hand up to her mouth. "What?!" I questioned.

She turned the phone to me and there was a picture of her in my arms with her legs around my waist outside out her door.

'Paparazzi' We looked like a couple in love, that were away from eachother for a long time and happy to reunite.

"Yikes" I let out making a grimacing face that I didn't mean, I actually thought the picture was really cute.

"People are fast with these things" I continued as I saw the ship names that people were giving us and the many tweets in reply to the pictures.

They tagged us hundreds of times saying things like 'OMG LAURMANI!!! DATE' & 'I WOULD SO PAY TO SEE THEM FUCK'. Some people had already made it into their Twitter icons.

I turned the phone back to her showing her the tweet saying that we should fuck "I agree with this girl" I said winking.