Chapter Twelve

"Beastie," Eui threw a grape at him.
"Yeah?," he caught it then popped it in his mouth.
"Um," E laid her head down on the dining table, staring at his back as he turned around to finish cooking breakfast.
When nothing else came from her, Nam Joon looked over his shoulder, "Still awake?"
"Yeah," she quietly spoke, "I was just wondering...when do you....want to have kids?"
He paused for a second then inhaled, "Not for a while."
"How long of a while?," she sat up straight and held her head in her hand.
"Um...I don't know. Maybe...late thirties, early forties possibly."
"Hm," she nodded her understanding, "Do you think.....we'll stay together that long?"
He shrugged, "I wish I could tell you, but I don't know that either."
Eui was still a child at heart. She asked a lot of questions and was as playful as Tae and Hobi put together. But still, she was smart and creative and passionate...and everything that contradicts her child character. There really wasn't a correct way to describe her except for when she got like this.
"E, I love you. I know I do," Nam Joon walked over to stand beside her.
"And I love you too, but...I've seen that change...I've felt it change."
"What do you mean by that?," he crouched down and she looked to him.
"My parents, for example. They were in love long enough to raise me, but now they're separated."
Nam Joon breathed out, a small frown on his lips, "E...I'm sorry. That sucks."
"Eh," she shrugged, "I just don't want that to happen to us. I like being with you."
Nam Joon smiled and placed his hands on her knees. He spun her so that she was sitting sideways in the chair.
Her hands sat on top of his head and she slouched over, "Sorry, I'm being a really big downer."
"Nah, it's okay. At least you talk to me about this stuff and don't bottle it up," Joon reached up and tucked her hair behind her ear.
"Eggs," she pointed to the stove and he stood up.
Quickly he got the eggs out of the frying pan and put them on plates with the rest of their breakfast. After that the pan went into the sink and he picked their plates up.
Eui stood up and grabbed her own from his hand and they went to the living room to sit down.
Nam Joon sat down first, then E sat down, leaning on him slightly.
"Nam Joon," she kept her voice down.
"Yeah?," he turned to her.
"I mean it....when I say that I love you," a pretty smile appeared on her lips.
He smiled back then kissed her forehead, "I love you too."