Chapter Three

They came back up to the boy's dorm and, by this time, the movie goers were back.
Eui checked the time and turned to Namjoon as Jungkook took the basket.
"I really have to go, it's almost time for my class to start," she stepped over to the couch to collect her two journals and stuff them in her bag.
Namjoon stayed where he was and watched her. He didn't want her to leave, it wasn't fair.
After getting her things together, that they had all over the floor, she came back across the room to the door and retrieved her shoes from the pile.
She was a little shaky, having six sets of eyes on her, but she pulled through it and went out the door.
"That can't be diner girl," V blurted out as the latched clicked.
"It is," Jungkook said surely, "Right?," he looked to Namjoon.
"Yes it is. Did Chi leave?," he asked.
"Yeah, her dad came and got her a little while ago," Suga nodded, "Just after we got back."
"Jin's still with Sunhi though," J-Hope said as he counted them. Sometimes it was hard to keep track of all the people they knew, but if they knew where their brothers were, the boys weren't worried.

A week or so passed and Namjoon started to think that Eui wasn't normal. She was a girl living in the age of technology and she hadn't sent him one text.
He found out why when he called. About halfway into the conversation he asked, "Why didn't you text me and say you're still alive or something?"
"Oh, sorry. I don't like texting; I can't stand the improper grammer people use sometimes," she laughed through the speaker.
It was to be expected of a hopeful writer to want words to remain whole.
Still they didn't have time to talk that much since she had classes, finals, and activities while he had practice, preparations, and more practice.
They mostly called one another and talked about how her stories were going and what he had left to do before they had to leave.
But again, for their hard work, Sunhi granted them a day off. The upcoming Friday would be a day of nothing, to do whatever they wanted.
And it was just Namjoon's luck that Eui had a class that was supossed to end early. It seemed like their schedules were on par with hectic and calm times.

After calling her and setting up a time for her to come over the Thursday before, the boys waited patiently for diner girl to arrive.

A little after tweleve on Friday morning, Jin left to go help Sunhi in her office while the others slept in.
Although as soon the front door slammed shut, Rap Monster jumped awake.
He blinked, confused as to what woke him, staring at his pillow since he had rolled on to his stomach sometime during the night.
He lifted his head and looked around: V, Jimin, and Suga were still asleep and he could hear Jungkook snoring from the top bunk. J-Hope must've been up too.
Stretching out one last, heavenly time he picked himself up off the matress. Sleepily he stood and balanced himself then started to quietly walk out of the room.
J-Hope was in the kitchen making something that didn't smell too bad; it was actually good.
"What are you doing?," Namjoon came up behind him and laid his head on his friend's shoulder.
"Feeding your guest," he laughed.
"What?"
"It's pass eleven. Remember? You told Eui to come over then," he looked over his other shoulder to where the dinner table was.
Namjoon copied his actions and then felt a wave of guilt flow over him.
"Hi," she slightly waved and smiled, "Good morning."
"Morning," he nodded and then looked back to J-Hope who smirked.
"Stop squinting you look eighty," Ho Seok shook his head and looked back at the stove.
Namjoon did just that, but he was still tired. He looked back in Eui's direction to see she was walking over to him.
She stood a few centimeters away and smiled before reaching up and messing with his hair.
"Sorry, it was just," she blushed, "driving me crazy that way."
Before she did anything to it, his hair was sticking out all over his head.
"It's okay," he smiled. He looked at her and again she astonished him with her outfit: a t-shirt and another short pair of jean shorts. Her hair was let down, like it normally was, but just the way it fell on her shoulders made his smile brighter.

After the three of them ate the rest of the crew woke up one by one. Jungkook came out of the bedroom and went straight to the couch, collapsing on the cushions.
V and Jimin moved to the kitchen and Jimin already had a hat on.
Eui wrote something down in her journal and slid it over in front of Namjoon.
'Are they always together?,' she had it scribbled.
'Most of the time,' he jotted down and pushed the book back to her.
"If they had to go gay," she whispered in his ear.
It took a second for it process, but he started laughing as soon as it did.
"What?," V turned to them.
"Nothing," Namjoon shook his head as his laugh faded out.
Jimin sat down across from Eui with his breakfast and she smiled, mostly to herself, but he caught it.
"She said something," Jimin looked to V and pointed at her like a child.
Eui shook her head and tried to hold back her laughter.
"Yes you did," V moved between her and Namjoon, "C'mon tell us!," he whined.
"She said that if you two turned gay she'd want you to be together," J-Hope cut in from beside Jimin.
They looked at each other then shrugged, "I know you pretty well," Jimin commented and V moved to the cabinets to continue his search.
"Write about it Eui," Namjoon flipped her journal's pages back to a clean surface.
"Write?," Jimin reached across and grabbed the book, "What do you write?"
"Those are just short little stories, but I am working on a novel," Eui nodded at the bound paper stack.
"Cool," Jimin's eyes lit up as he found a story about himself, "What happens in this one?"
"I may or may not have put you in the hospital," Eui didn't make direct eye contact.
"What?!," he laughed and so did the others, "What is this? Do you hate me?"
"No!," she laughed out, "I don't hate you, I just used it to create drama."
"Drama? Am I dying?," he fixed his hat.
"No, you're just badly ill," she explained.
"Badly ill," J-Hope noted, "She's so proper."
"Properly putting Jimin in a safe place," Namjoon smiled at her.
"But," Eui brought his attention from the first page of the story to her, "You should thank me because I hooked you up with a nurse."
"Seriously?," he looked back at the words, "Can I stay in the hospital for real?"
"No," V said from across the room, "Then I'll be alone," he jokingly pouted.
Eui turned to Namjoon and breathed in, but didn't let any words out. She waved her arms around gesturing to the two before laughing at herself.
"Are you okay?," Rap Mon raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, but he," she pointed to V, "And him," she held her other hand out towards Jimin then slapped her hands together.
The four guys were enjoying the freak out show she was putting on for them and Hoseok couldn't hide his laughter.
She calmed down and laid her arms on the table then her head on top.
"Are you okay now?," Jimin asked with a smile across his face.
"I guess," she sighed and lifted her head. Noticing Jungkook, she turned to Namjoon, "Is he gonna live?"
"Who? Jungkook?," J-Hope stood up so V could sit and eat, "He should be getting up in minute or two."
As if he could predict the future the group heard the maknae stretch out on the couch and breathe in.
Namjoon and the other three went to go coax him awake, but before leaving her at the table he bent down to her ear.
"Could you go get Suga up?," he smiled at her.
"Yeah," Eui nodded and stood up, heading towards the door behind her. It was already open so she peeked around then looked at the room.
Blankets and pillows were all over the floor and it looked like a child's free-for-all.
Stepping over the obstacles she made her way to the last sleeping member who was curled up in a blanket with his face buried in a pillow.
"Oppa," she said quietly, but also loud enough to be effective, "Oppa."
He stirred a little, but not much so Eui reached out to shake him. As her fingertips touhed his arm his eyes shut tighter and he scrunched his nose.
"Suga?," she let her palm slowly rest on his skin. He quietly said something and she read his lips, making it out to be 'Please'.
"Oppa," Eui leaned in closer.
"Youngil," he said a little louder.
"Youngil?," she asked herself.
Seeing that he wasn't going to get up she backed away and turned around to leave him.
A hand reached out and grabbed her forearm, she twisted her upper body back to see Suga's arm extended, connecting to her like a bridge.
His eyes were still closed, but he spoke, "Youngil please."
Eui stared confused and frozen, looking down at his sleeping form. He seemed to be one of the rather innocent ones to her, but maybe she'd been wrong.
His grip completely faded and his arm fell back to the mattress.
Eui hugged herself and tried to shake a guilty feeling, like she'd done something. Walking back the kitchen, she hung her head, still holding herself. She looked up when she almost ran into someone.
"Hey," Rap Monster swerved around her, "I was just coming to help you."
Curiosity got the better of her, "If you don't mind," she paused and reminded herself to not be so proper, "Who's Youngil?"
Namjoon sighed and looked at the others, "I'll tell you later," he brought his hand up to hold her chin between his thumb and forefinger, "When we're alone."
"Okay," she nodded and blushed a light shade of pink.
Namjoon let his hand fall back to his side and he smiled before going to wake up Suga.
"Hey," he picked up a pillow, "Wake up," he hit Suga with the soft weapon, "Come on, you're talking about her again."
Suga rolled on to his side, "Really?"
"E just asked me who Youngil was, so you must've been," he dropped the pillow on the floor then crouched beside the bed.
"Did I do something weird again, too?," he stretched his arms out beside Namjoon's head.
"You can ask her later if you want," he said and reached out to touch Suga's forehead with the back of his hand, "Do you feel okay?"
"Mostly, why?," he questioned and closed his eyes again.
"Because you're burning up," Namjoon retracted his arm and sighed.
"Namjoon," Eui's soft voice came from the doorway.
"You can come in," Suga answered for him.
The girl walked over and sat down on her knees on the floor next to Namjoon.
"Sorry for whatever I did," Suga sat up.
"Oh, no. Really it's okay," she smiled, "You look like a puppy when you sleep you know."
"I didn't," he smiled and glanced at Namjoon, who's eyes were glued to her.
"Stay still," Rap Mon turned to his bandmate. He stood up straight and left Suga with Eui.
It was silent for a few seconds then Suga sat up and sighed, "I know you're probably wondering-"
"You don't have to tell me," she interrupted, "If it's painful for you to talk about then don't speak of it."
"Painful? I thought I was puppy," he chuckled.
"That was a lie," she said flatly, "You looked as if someone had stabbed your heart and twisted the blade. Pain is everywhere, but it can carefully be avoided with good choices."
He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, "Youngil was my former girlfriend," he looked to the ground, "She is no longer with us anymore though."
"Stop," Eui stared at him.
"I don't know why, but she just....," he stopped, unable to continue because the tears had started to flow and the words caught in his throat.
Eui wrapped her arms around him, allowing his forehead to rest on her shoulder. She could feel him embrace her as well and she couldn't help crying.
"I told you to stop," Eui whispered as his hands curled into fists that clutched her shirt.
Namjoon leaned against the door, listening to Suga tell her even though she said not to. After it fell silent and the others had gathered around the door as well, Rap Monster went into the room and saw Eui sitting next to him on the bed.
She was combing her fingers through his hair in attempt to fix it as he sat hunched over and hands clasped together.
Eui looked up at him and smiled before letting her hand slide down Suga's back then up to his shoulder.
"Feel better?," Namjoon asked and handed him a glass of juice and some medicine that would hopefully bring his temperture down.
"Yeah," he took the two things and put the pill on his tounge then drank to swallow it.
Eui stared at him with a pained face.
Namjoon reached out and pat her head, "Thank you for taking care of him."
"No problem," she smiled and basked in her praise.
"Get some rest," Namjoon curled his hand into a fist and gently dropped it on Suga's head, "And feel better soon."
"Okay," he nodded and laid down as Eui got up and stood next to her aquaintance.
"Get well, oppa," Eui nodded in his direction even though he was facing the wall.
"I'll try," he pulled his pillow over his head.
The two healthy bodies left the room and went to the living room to wake the sleeping Jungkook.
Jimin, V, and Hoseok had worked him into a ball with a scrunched up nose and clenched fists. Eui went back to the dining table and soon after V followed her.
She looked up from her journal as he sat down across from her where Jimin used to be.
"Thanks for helping out with Suga hyung," he laid his arms on the table and leaned forward so he could keep his voice down, "Sometimes he just has to talk about Youngil to keep the nightmares away."
She dropped her pencil, "If you don't mind, could you tell me what exactly happened?"
He looked back to the group behind him and then to the open door in front of him, "Youngil and Yoongi hyung had been going out since he was an early trainee. They practically did everything together and she took care of him. In return he let her stay with his family when Youngil's mother kicked her out of the house."
"A while after hyung started training something inside her snapped," Jimin came up and sat beside V, "A week after she'd been acting funny Youngil killed herself."
"Suga hyung almost gave up: on his career, family, and own life," V shook his head at the memory of what he was told, "although after a while he just changed back to smiling."
"That's so," she stopped searching for the right word, "terrible."
"He pulled through somehow," Jimin shrugged, "Probably just pure strength and fake smiles. Still he dreams about what he saw her do over and over again."
"How did she.....you know?," Eui picked at her nails, which she kept cut short.
"Youngil slit her wrists open and bled out in the shower. No one thought she'd do it so, while hyung was at training, she was leaving us."
Eui reached for her pencil with her left hand and then for her bag with the right. She pulled a smaller notebook out and wrote something down.
"What was that all about?," V asked, noticing how fast she wrote.
"I had an idea. I mean, if he's sick he'll be bored so if he had a story it would help," her facial expression turned sad, "Plus if it's good enough he can get some closure."
"Hyung!," Eui jumped as Jungkook ran pass her to the bedroom, "Are you okay?," the others heard him fall, probably because of his socks.
"Jung!," Yoongi's voice carried through the room out to the four boys and one girl.
Namjoon walked over to Eui and laid his hand on her head as she listened to the comotion in the next room.
"Let's get out of here," he bent down to her ear and whispered.
"Okay," she nodded and then reached for her things that laid on the table. She stuffed everything back into her bag and stood up.
Namjoon took her hand and started to lead her away when the other three went to stand in the doorway and watch Jungkook.
They went over to the door and put their shoes on and slipped out without anyone noticing.