#ChapterTen

Chapter ten: I know what your are.

The next morning I am surprisingly not as sore as I thought I was going to be. In fact I feel as if I could go another couple rounds in the ring with that guy. But that would just be a waste of time. What a scam! I'm not even sorry for letting that robber run loose with the money.

After a shower and a bit of breakfast I am in my room ready to get working. The first thing I do is insert my memory card into my computer. All the paper on my desk crunches as I rest my arms on top of them. I should really clear my room one day of all the rubbish.

Opening up the photos I quickly flick through all the beach photos and laugh when I see one of Harry posing in the sea with a massive wave approaching him from behind. Truly the definition of a picture caught at the perfect moment.

I keep scrolling through my picture history until I reach the cluster of photos I took during the school trip. I can't help looking at the photos I took of Edward. Each one brings out his beauty. His golden eyes, bright white teeth, chiseled jaw and pale white skin. My heart pounds as I look at his face, and it's like I can hear his chime like voice echoing in my head.

My eyes wander his figure shamelessly, and that's when I spot an equation on a whiteboard behind him. I've seen it before, in the book Harry gave me.

Beside me on the edge of my desk is the exact book and I flick through until I find the exact page. It's not long before I am looking at the uncompleted equation at the bottom right page of the book. I let my finger trace over it as I get a weird shiver of deja vu.

This isn't the first time I have seen this equation.

I jump out of my seat walking over to my wardrobe and pulling the doors open. I push aside my folded up costume and slowly take out the withered old brown suitcase. I take it with me back to my desk, and once I have unclipped the lock I tip out all of the continents.

Spreading out the paperwork I scavenge for the one hand written paper amongst all of them. It was easy to identify due to all of the creased caused by its continuous use. I'm slightly stunned as I match up the equation in the book to the one my father had. The begin of the equation matches up exactly, the only difference is my father's version seems to be complete.

My father must have been involved in cross species genetics...I'm sure Dr Conners would be over the moon to have the rest of this equation. He might be able to finally move his work along.

I grab a blank sheet of paper and my pencil, rewriting the full equation again. I start to draw lines decoding the different symbols with the help of google. It takes me hours trying to complete the equation and once I finally figure it out I am stunned.

I put my pencil down, smiling as I pick up my sheet of paper.

This is how cross species works... this is how I turned into what I am now.

It actually works.

I grab my phone, edgerly tapping in Dr Conners number, but the phone goes straight to voicemail.

Biting my lip, I search google for his home address and pinpoint it on a map before finally turning off my computer. When I turn my eyes catch sight of something beckoning to me from the open wardrobe. I bend my wrist, making a string of web shoot out and attach to my costume. I pull it towards me and catch it in my hands, rubbing the lirco material between my fingertips.

Beats getting a lift from Charlie or having to catch the subway.

Discarding my casual outfit I slip into the red and blue suit, looking at my self in the mirror as I do so. I smile tucking my hair behind me as I pull the mask over my head. The mirrored lenses help to lessen the strength of my heightened senses. It helps me to focus more instead of straining myself.