"Actually she is the one that has been taking care of Max. If it wasn't for her I would have lost Max a long time ago" Kevin says looking up at me. Max slowly opens eyes and lets out a strength. When he realized his surroundings he looks up at his grandmother.

 "Hello sweety," She says with a smile.

 "Hello," He says in a soft voice. He looks afraid. This is the first time since the accident he has been outside the house.

 "It's ok Nemo where here" I say when I realize he looks like he is about to panic. Max turns to me and quickly gets off his grandmother's lap and walks over to me. I pick him up and pat him on the back.

 "Max this is your mother's house" I say. He lets go of me and looks around the house.

 "And these are your grandparents," Kevin says getting up from the floor and taking a seat next to me.

 "Okay," says Max.

 "The reason I called you guys here today is that I wanted to have a nice family dinner with everyone before my time is up" Mrs. Walker says with a sad smile.

 "That sounds lovely," I say trying to ease the awkwardness.

**********************************************************

 Max and I help set the table and everyone took their seats. Max and I are sitting next to each other while Mr. Walker and Kevin sit next to each other and Mrs. Walker sits are the end of the table next to her husband. After we say grace we all slowly start to eat. Mrs. Walker is an amazing cook and Max ate everything on his plate.

 "So Max what do you like to do?" Mrs. Walker acts.

 "Umm" Max looks towards me and I give him an okay smile. 

"I like playing with my friends, my dad and Dory" He says.

 "Dory?" She says confused.

 "Oh, sorry that's the nickname he gave me. My real name is Jackie" I answer with a smile.

"So how long have you been with Kevin?" 

 "Uh.. a few months" I answer shyly.

 "Did you come into the relationship knowing that he lost his wife and a child?"

 "Yes, I did" 

 "You know Kevin" she says cutting a piece of her chicken. "I never thought you would have fallen in love again. After the funeral, you left and shut off everyone" She takes a bite of her chicken.

 "Yeah, me either" He says and smiles to me. "And I am truly sorry for that"

 "It's okay son. what matters is now and I think you found a fine young lady. Any woman who is able to put a smile on this child's face has my blessing" she says smiling at me. We continue our dinner and Mrs. Walker fills in Max and me about his mother and what she likes. 

 After dinner, we let Max have some alone with his grandparents while Kevin and I spent some time alone. We never fully have a convocation about what happened. We both go outside in the backyard to talk.

 "I think we should have him transfer," I say. Kevin doesn't answer and keeps looking around the yard.

 "I know what your thinking Kevin and you are not going anywhere without me" I step in front of him and he gives me a blank stare. He leans in closer and gives me a peck on the lips.

 "You know I love you right?" He says with a smile.

 "Do you think he should transfer?" I asked crossing my arms.

 "Yes, but I'll leave that decision up to Max" He says and puts his arms around me.

 "How did I get to lucky?" he says pulling me in close.

 "You mean how did you become so bless" I say rolling my eyes. 

 "What did I say about rolling your damn eyes" he says smacking my ass.

 After we were done visiting Max's grandparents we said our goodbyes and dropped Max at my parent's house. We told him we had some things to take care of which he didn't mind at all since he missed my parents anyway.

 "You ready J?" Kevin says as we park outside an apartment.

 "Let's go" I say getting out of the car.

As we drove away from the apartment we heard the sound of cop cars passing us by. Kevin and I smiled and we both high five each other as we drove into the black night. We picked up Max and went home. Putting Max to bed after a long day Kevin and I decide to stay up a little more. Kevin was watching T.V and I was in the kitchen getting a spoon and a tub of Ice cream.

"Hey bae come here" I walk into the living room and take a seat on his lap.

 Breaking new! James Conner coach of an elementary school has been reported murdered.

I repeat James Conner is reported murdered. 

His body was found chopped up into little pieces in the middle of his living room. Along with documents of child pornography which are claimed to be owned by Mr. Conner.  It seems Mr. Conner was wanted in different states for taking pictures of children and abusing children as well.

 A note was left and reads Justice.

 Clearly, James Conner will not be missed.

"Bae let me get some ice cream," Kevin asks. I take a scoop and give him some.

 "I think Empire is on tonight," I say changing the channel.

 "Alright cool, I love me some cookie" He says pulling me closer.

 "Oh babe you got something right here" I wipe the side of his cheek. 

 "Thanks for looking out"

 "You know I got you" I said leaning my head on his chest.