Chapter 23: Nagisa Time

Third Person's POV

As soon as Aira falls down onto the ground with a thud, Karma launches forward, and Karasuma-sensei immediately holds him back. "Let me go. I have to kill him!" He yells, struggling in his grasp. "I have to make him pay! Aira is...she is—"

"Dead." Karasuma-sensei's voice hits him, and he stops his struggle, looking down at his feet. "Aira is dead, and all we can do now is leave this to Nagisa."

Karma chuckles tiredly, a lone tear sliding down his face. "Let's hope you are right, Karasuma-sensei, because I am ready to lose my life to help him."

So this is what pain really feels like...

The others look down, feeling all the pain and sadness hidden in his words. For months they have been joking around with Aira and Karma, thinking that the prankster is just playing with her like he always does, but it turns out his feelings are always true.

He just never knew how to express them to others.

"I'll kill you...for what you did to them!" Suddenly hearing Nagisa yell angrily, everyone look up to see Nagisa standing up shakily with the knife in his hands. "That's the spirit! Come and kill me, Nagisa-kun!" Takaoka laughs crazily.

"Nagisa—he's snapped!" Kataoka exclaims.

"Sure, we'd all like to kill that rotten son of a bitch, but Nagisa might just go through with it!" Yoshida said.

"No! You have to stop—" Koro-sensei starts, but someone throws a stun-gun at Nagisa, hitting his back. He stumbles forward, but doesn't look at his classmates. The stun-gun slides towards Aira, stopping right before her stiff body.

Karma looks at her body for a while before looking away, taking in a shaky breath, but what he doesn't notice is a small movement from her fingers.

Everyone looks over at Terasaka, who is breathing heavily with his hand forward. "Don't be gettin' cocky, Nagisa! I saw the pitiful way you looked at me and Murasakino when that medicine got blown up! Quit worryin' about other people, ya damn wimp! This virus'll go away itself with a good night's sleep!"

"Terasaka...you mean—" Isogai gasps. Karma tched, looking straight ahead.

"Murder is murder, even with a piece of trash like that. You gonna give in to the crazy and throw your chance of ten billion out the window?"

"Terasaka-kun's right, Nagisa-kun. Killing him isn't worth it, even though he did kill Aira-san, and being in a blind rage will only work against you. Besides, he doesn't know anything about the remedy. We'll ask the poisoner downstairs. Just knock this one out; that's enough." Koro-sensei said calmly, trying to stop Nagisa from doing something regretful.

He remains silent and Takaoka walks towards the group down below. "Hey, now, quit being a wet blanket! Unless he comes at me with a real intent to kill, what's the point? I'll use this squirt's bloodlust for revenge in a most humiliating way, and finally my own shame will disappear!" He laughs.

"Nagisa-kun, take Terasaka-kun's stun-gun. His life and my life. His words and Terasaka-kun's words. Think carefully, now: Which are worthy?"

Nagisa continue looking forward, but looks backwards when Terasaka falls down, Kimura and Yoshida supporting him.

"Terasaka! You...you've got one hell of a fever!"

"How'd you and Aira even make it here like this!?"

"Shaddup. You wanna look at somethin', look there. Do it, Nagisa. Kill 'im to within an inch of his life." Terasaka lifts up a shaky hand, pointing at Nagisa directly.