Chapter 22: XX Time

Hey guys! I am finally back from Guang Zhou! I tried finishing and publishing this chapter once I got home 12 hours ago, but I am too exhausted, so here ya go!

P.S. Thanks for the more than 600 reads! Never thought I would make this far!

=========================================

Aira's POV

We waited until he finally talks, and when he does, he shoots a bullet into the air, breaking glass. "Just so you know, this hall is completely soundproof. I'll have shot you all dead before anyone comes to save you. You know you're not prepared to kill anyone! Now come out like good little children and now before the boss—"

He stops when a bullet zips past his head, and I look over at Rinka, seeing her put her gun down. "It is fine. You can still do it." I whisper, and she nods.

Suddenly the lights on the stage turn on, blinding us. "Finally, a job I can sink my teeth into!" He laughs, and I gritted my teeth. This assassin is crazy. Is he planning to make us not be able to see him, but he can?

Unfair.

"Feelin' fine again today, with my tasty, tasty gun!" Yep, he is most definitely out of his mind. When he shoots, I quickly push Rinka to the side, the bullet grazing my hand, drawing a bit of blood. Hiding it behind my back, I smile and her, and she returns it thankfully.

"I never forget the position of an enemy once they've fired. Used to be any army man. All that experience taught me how to pinpoint my enemy's location and the sensation of checking my guns by taste. Now, then...thete should be one more stolen gun out there."

When he starts licking his gun, I tried not to gag at the horrible sight. "Hayami-san! Remain standing by!" Koro-sensei's voice rings out. "You were wise not to fire just now, Chiba-kun! The enemy still doesn't know where you are! I'll keep an eye on him and tell you when, so hang tight until it's go time!"

The gunner looks around anxiously, and find Koro-sensei perched upon a seat, smiling at him. "Hey! Quit starin' at me from the front row!" He yells, shooting and reloading continuously.

Koro-sensei just laughs. "An expert gunman versus junior-high students? This much of a sight advantage should be all right."

Then he shouts. "Okay, Kimura-kun, run five seats left! Terasaka-kun and Yoshida-kun, move three seats to either side! We've made a blind spot! Kayano-san, move two rows forward into this gap! Karma-kun and Fuwa-san, move eight seats right! Isogai-kun! Five seats left! Aira-san, four rows backwards!"

Quickly running backwards, I frown slightly. My speed is slower, and my legs are starting to feel a little numb. Please don't make me faint now. I pleaded to myself.

"Student number 12! Move right and continue preparations! Numbers 4 and 5, film the target from between the seats! Use Ritsu-san to tell Chiba-kun who's going onstage! Ponytail, move to the front-left! Motorcycle Fan, you too—two seats to the front-left. The person who out of curiosity went to Tekebayashi's top made café and was alarmed to find he liked it, and the Lilac Shadow, make a big racket to confuse the enemy!"

"Don't just say my assassin name out loud, octopus!"

"Shaddup! How the hell did you know I went!?"

Me and Terasaka yell, hitting the seats. "The Lilac Shadow is here!? This is getting ridiculous!" The gunner yells, looking around in confusion.

"Okay, Chiba-kun, it's time. After I give this next command, fire at will."

"Argh, where are you!?"