seven

14/4

Lydia's POV

I awoke this morning feeling sick to my stomach. I throw myself out of bed as vomit rises up in my throat. As I hover over the toilet, everything I ate yesterday makes an appearance. I stay this was for about ten minutes until I'm certain everything is up. Grabbing myself a glass of water and an ice cream container, I head back into my room. My phone sat on my bedside table, the screen lit up.

text received 9:32am from joe

Joe: hey Lydia, are you home? I think we need to talk about Zoe's birthday

Lydia: does it have to be today? I feel like shit

Joe: I feel like if we don't do it today then it will never be done

Lydia: okay, sure but you have to come round to mine, just give me half an hour

Joe: k, see you soon

I headed straight to the shower, letting the hot water run over me for as long as I can get away with. I end up being in the shower for over twenty minutes, which gives me only ten minutes to get dressed. I throw on a pair of black leggings and a large jersey. Instead of doing my usual makeup routine I just throw on mascara. It's only Joe, he's seen me naked already.

At 10:05am, a knock sounds on the door. I hesitantly walk over to it, and slowly open it. Mentally preparing myself for what's going to happen next, I invite Joe in. He holds a steaming coffee cup in each hand and a somber expression on his face. I grab myself a coffee from his outstretched hand and sit down next to him on the couch. At first, neither of us say anything, until Joe clears his throat.

"I better start talking since I said we needed to..." He starts. It takes him a few minutes before continuing. "I'm just going to come out and say it, I like you. A lot. I have since I was 13 years old." Without realising I was holding my breath, I breathe out, a huge weight taken off my shoulders. He laughs at my big sigh. "That felt surprisingly good to finally let someone other than Caspar know that." 

"Wait, only Caspar knows that? Not even Zoe?" 

"Why would I tell Zoe I was in love with her best friend? Did YOU tell Zoe?" 

"Why would I tell Zoe I was in love with her brother?"

"Hmm, touché... So what are we going to do about this then? There's obviously something here, but I don't want to act on it if you don't want this.." 

Before I get to answer, a sick feeling flows through me. I quickly run to the bathroom and throw open the toilet, vomiting out my guts. Joe comes up behind me and holds back my hair for me. How romantic. I flush the toilet and stand up, rinsing out my mouth with mouthwash.

"Now I see why you didn't want me to come over," Joe says with an awkward laugh. I just nod and smile lightly at him, before walking out to the kitchen. "I might just go home then, I'll text you later on."

"That's probably a good idea, I'm just gonna lie down, it's probably just a tummy bug. Text me later," I pull him into a quick hug before he walks out the door.

The first thing I do after Joe leaves I grab my phone from my bedside table and dial Jamie's number. I'm 93% sure that the reason I'm sick is not a tummy bug, because my period is a week late, and it is usually bang on the same day.

Jamie answers on the third ring.

Jamie Lydia

"What's up, baby sis?"

"Hey Jamie, I need to talk to you."

"What's going on Lydia, are you okay?"

"Jamie, I need to tell you something but you can't tell mum..."

"Another fuck up? Is it worse than last time?"

"I don't know if I would say worse... maybe worse... it's kind of because of last time... but not worse..." I start babbling like a baboon, and to make things worse, vomit rises up in my throat for the third time today. I wait until everything's out before talking to Jamie again.

"Are you alright, Lydia?!" Her voice sounds panicked.

"I don't know if alright is the word I'd use. Jamie, I think I might be pregnant." She stands there, silent behind the phone. "Please say something..."

"I'm just processing everything, that's all. So let me get this straight, you slept with Joe on your best friends birthday, and now you might be pregnant?"

"Yeah, that's about it. I still have to check, though."

"Did you tell Zoe any of this?"

"Uh... no? Not yet. I will tell her, though, soon..."

"You better, Lydia. Anyway, do you want me to stay on the phone while you buy a pregnancy test? It would be better to do it now."

"Yes please, Jamie. I'll head down to the pharmacy right now."

I grab my car keys and walk out to my car. The pharmacy is just down the road, so it doesn't take long to drive. Jamie stays on the phone the whole time while I walk into the pharmacy. I head straight to where I think the pregnancy tests are and grab three different brands. The cashier gives me a dirty look whilst I pay, but I ignore her. I'm not in the mood for others judging. I drive carefully back to my apartment, walking straight to the bathroom.

"I'm just going to leave my phone outside while I pee..." I walk slowly into the toilet and pee on all the sticks, placing them into the sink to process.

I pick my phone up and place it to my ear. My hands shake almost violently with nerves.

"It's alright, Lyds, everything is going to be okay..."

"But what if I am pregnant?..."

"Then you'll be an amazing mum. Don't fret."

Jamie talks to me about anything she can think of, other than the situation going on around us. After five long minutes an alarm sounds. Hesitantly, I walk over to the sink, slowly flipping over the three tests. All of the read positive.

-----------

Woah unexpected lol

Two updates in one day yay