Chapter 2

Ha ha hah! New chapter new chapter!

Welcome to another episode of MONSTER MASH- oh wait, wrong show! Ops, so anyway, here's another chapter into the life of Sye Vettori...

Enjoy Viewers!

2
Sye's P.O.V

“Knock knock,” mum said as she poked her head into my room, “All packed?”

“Yeah, all packed,” I sighed as I zipped up my suitcase and dragged it to my door where my other two suitcases were. Mum grabbed my elbow and pulled me to her, hugging me too tightly.

“Oh my baby, I'm going to miss you so much,” mum cooed. I patted her back awkwardly.

“Yeah mum, I'll miss you too. But, I can't breathe,” I coughed. Mum only squeezed me tighter.

“Alright, time to go,” my step dad said as he entered the room with Meg in his arms. She had tears running down her cheeks. I awed at her and and wiggled out of mum's grip and took Meg from dad and hugged her.

“CC going,” Meg sobbed.

“Not for long,” I chuckled and gave my 3 year old sister a raspberry. She giggled and then squealed as mum took her back and my step dad took two of my suitcases to the car while I grabbed my other one.

~

After a long crying goodbye from mum and Meg, then a four and a half hour trip later, and my step dad Geoff pulled into the gates of Camp Honeysuckle. Camp Honeysuckle, what kind of name is that? I bet it's some religious bogus camp where we have to sing songs about how much god loves us. Yuck! I didn't even get to look at the pamphlet before I left. I probably should have done that. Mind you, my parents cared about me right? They wouldn't send me somewhere I'd hate right? Oh no, knowing Geoff it's probably a military camp. Oh wait, a military camp probably wouldn't be called Camp Honeysuckle, it would probably be called Camp Grind Your Bones To Make My Bread or something equally terrifying.

We pulled up into the car park... okay, so far so good. It looked pretty safe. Nice clean car park, lots of nice richie poo cars, lots of rich looking parents and their kids all getting out with fancy looking suitcases. This is good. Oh wait, don't tell me I have to spend the summer with snobs? NOOOOOOOOO! Oh well, better than nothing I guess. Better than the military. Geoff pulled up and I got out. He helped me with my bags to the side in a heap where everyone seemed to be dumping their own bags and then we said an awkward goodbye. My real dad had died when I was four in a workplace fire.

When I was seven mum met Geoff and when I was nine they got married. When I was thirteen they had Meg and that's that. But Geoff and I, well, it's not that we didn't get along or anything, it's just that we didn't talk much, we didn't bond or do father and son type things. Which I was fine with really. I still had a male figure in my life and he was actually a pretty good guy, he made mum happy at least. That's all that mattered. I mean, cough, I'm a sexy macho man with no feelings!

“See you Sye, I'll be back at the end of camp to pick you up alright? Sorry about sort of pawning you off like this. It's just, well...” Geoff tried to explain as he rubbed the back of his neck, looking at his feet.

“It's okay,” I said to him, even though it wasn't really.

“Cheers, well see you,” Geoff smiled and hugged me.

“Bye,” I said and he left. I looked around, the same family goodbye thing was going on all over so I tried to look for someone cool to cling to so I wouldn't be a loner. There was a guy standing by himself against a tree, his hands in his pockets and headphones in his ears. He looked pretty cool in a navy T, grey skinny jeans and volleys. I wondered over to him.