Chapter 69: The Guy Next Door

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going to tell anyone, I swear."

"Good." Michella says, "Besides I like watching him squirm. "

I laugh out loud. That she certainly did.

"Okay I'm going to get going." I say starting to head towards the stairs.

"Best of luck." She says, "And be careful down the stairs. You can't get down on one knee if you break your leg."

"Okay mom." I say my eyes flitting towards her stomach.

She flips me off, "Get going already."

I give her one last wave before I start descending down the steps.

By the time I've reached the bottom I'm panting by the sheer effort that it took for me not to trip while running down the stairs.

Today was the one-day I didn't want a bruise on my face. That and the fact that I was currently on a winning streak against the ground.

I mentally go over my plan for today taking a deep breath in.

I am going to do this.

I am-

Someone promptly crashes into me and I manage to catch myself at the last moment before I land butt first on the ground.

Phew, that was close.

Clara: 1265

Ground: 100127

"Watch where you're going bi- oh it's you."

I sigh looking at the boy in front of me and the very large bouquet of roses he held in his hands.

She really did enjoy making him squirm.

"Aren't you in a good mood today?" I joke.

"Is she-" He starts.

"Yup." I say, "What did you do this time?"

"Its not my fault she's absolutely fucking crazy." Eric argues, "I did nothing."

I had no doubt that Eric had done nothing because this was one of those very typical Michella things to do to keep Eric in tow. Throw a fit just to have him tripping over his get to get her back.

Between you and me, I honestly felt sorry for Eric.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed watching just how whipped he was over my sister but in all honesty nobody should have to be that whipped.

I still remember the first time I'd seen it, it was during my freshman year in college when Michella had asked me to come for a double date.

At first I'd laughed at her face. But when my grandmother had heard about it she'd given me the puppy dog eyes and had more or less kicked me out of the house after giving me some soppy speech of how us two sisters should stick together and such.

Clearly she had no idea who Eric was and I didn't intend to tell her but I'm pretty sure she'd just done it so that she could get rid of me for that one night.

I in turn then had given Jake my best puppy dog eyes as well as a big long speech as to how much this would mean to me.

That and I obviously bribed him that if he behaved well I'd give him a little extra reward after desert.

It wasn't as if I was really excited to meet Eric again considering the last time I'd met him he'd nearly choked me, but I'll admit it, I was curious.

So we'd gone to some fancy restaurant and I was fully prepared to break up a fight if it came to it. That, and if Eric was mistreating my sister I would make sure to insinuate the fight in the first place and kick his ass.