Introduction

When I was a toddler, my dad told me the story of how him and mom met.

He told me that she was a beautiful woman and they fell in love and got married. She visited from time to time, but then she had to go away.

When I was a kid, my dad got into more detail about how him and mom met.

He told me she was a beautiful but odd woman. He was scared out of his mind when he first saw her, but he knew he had to be kind to her. She already had an adopted daughter and she was of high status. They fell in love and got married. She visited from time to time. But she had to leave eventually.

When I turned 13, my dad shared more about how him and mom met.

He told me she was a beautiful but odd woman, who looked different from other people. She was nearly killed because of how different she was. Dad knew he had to be kind. He ended up saving her. She had an adopted daughter who was different just like her. She was royalty, she was queen in fact from a place far away. They fell in love and got married. She visited from time to time, but she always had to leave because her kingdom needed her.

When I asked dad how she was different, he replied "she was from the depths of the sea."

I didn't believe him, not until I started to change.