A Month is All I Have Chapter 2

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry, but I changed the whole chapter, again. The contents are more or less that same but I hope you guys still read it again. Sorry for the inconvenience

~*~*~*~

Recap:

"Arthur and I have made various business deals throughout our careers and we've proposed another deal but he won't accept. This is where you come in. I know it's a huge favor to ask of you but he's tired of his son constantly bringing home different girls and my company really needs this deal. He wants you to make his son fall in love with you within a month so he'll change his ways.

  It took a moment for that to sink in because, get real, parents dont usually ask their daughter to make a boy fall in love with her for business. It's sick but when that did sink in..

  All Hell broke loose.

~*~*~*~

A Month is All I Have

Chapter Two

Time to Decide

   The rage and disbelief I felt was overwhelming, almost suffocating. I couldn't. I couldn't believe what my own parents were asking me to do. "No! I won't help you with this! How could you even ask that of me? Who do you think I am, your slave?"

  It seemed as though my sudden outburst caught them all off guard, but my mother was quick to intervene before I made an even bigger scene before our guests. 

  Taking my arm she turned me towards their bedroom, and turning to our guests she smiled, "Arthur, excuse us for a while, please. We won't be gone for long."

  Leading me to their bedroom, my dad closed the door, ensuring that we would not be heard. With the door closed, my mother turned to me, her expression portraying her frustration as she spoke.

   "Jane, calm down this instant! We wouldn't ask this of you without a good reason. Do you honestly think that we would just do that to you? The reason behind all this is that if you don't do this, there is a high probability that your father's company will go bankrupt! You need to do this for the good of the family."

My mother took a deep breath to calm herself down before speaking again.

“Your dad's company has been going downhill and we need this deal with Arthur to have a chance to save the company, but he has been thinking twice. So he has thought of this alternative. He explained to us that he has been tired of his son's constant bringing home of many different girls. He doesn't have commitment. He knows that making his son fall in love would be real hard, so if you could do this, then the deal would be worth it for him.”

  "You didn't even consult with me before you made this deal! It's beyond wrong! Even with a good reason, you should have asked me first before arranging something up with Mr. Evans!”

  My mother suddenly became furious and frustrated once again. "Okay, what about this. I'll give you until tomorrow to think about it, but that's all the time I could give you. You must decide quickly. We don't have much time. A month. That's all the time he gave us. Please Jane, our business is at stake here."

  "Oh, and one more thing," my father continued after my mother while giving me a hard stare. "You can tell absolutely no one about this or the deal is off. Not a single soul. Not your siblings. Not your friends. And most especially, not Nathaniel."

  My parents left the room then, heading back into the living room to entertain our guests. I didn't go back into the living room. Instead, I went to my own room where I locked myself in, deliberating the pros and cons of what they were asking of me. I was still furious but I did need to think about it at least a little, this was, after all, a very serious matter. 

  I absolutely did not want to do this, not just for me but because it was wrong to do this to Nate. He had never done anything to harm me in such a cruel manner. However, I couldn't allow my father's company to go bankrupt, I don't know what we would do to survive with no money, not to mention my father would be devastated after putting in so many years of work. 

  It was an incredibly difficult decision to make. It was morally wrong and right all at the same time, it really just came down to who I was more willing to harm. 

  Thinking over all the pros and cons one more time I lay in bed, drifting to sleep with troubled thoughts. 

  My mother's knocking on my bedroom door woke me early the next morning.

"Come in." I said, sleepily.

  "Jane, have you made your decision yet?"

  Hesitating a moment I nodded, "I've decided to go along with the deal."

  My mother smiled broadly, relief clouding her features, "Thank you, honey, this means a lot. Oh and breakfast is ready."

  This was wrong and I knew it but I most likely couldn't make Nate fall in love with me anyway, the boy didn't even speak to me. He couldn't possibly fall in love with me when we were on such terms. 

  This way, I can say that I am not to blame when something bad happens to the company. And, knowing my mother, she'd just convince me endlessly so the end result would just be the same, so why waste the effort, right?

  After my mother left my room, I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face and fixed my hair before going down.

  I can already smell the yummy breakfast prepared while I was going down the stairs. But when I finally arrived at the dining table, my eyes widened.

  My parents are already starting with the deal! Everyone was already seated and I can see that the only seat left was the one beside Nate. So I did the only thing I could do.

  With a sigh, I walked towards the chair and took the seat, but not before giving Nate a sweet smile. I caught him glance at me once ortwice but I disregarded that. He's probably just getting used to this.

  Well, I'm certain that this guy can't ever fall for me, especially with his reputation, but I still have to give it a shot, right? I just hope all this works out well. For me, for him, for his dad, for my dad, and his company. At least now, they can'tsay I didn't try.

~*~*~*~**~*~

A/N

   Hey guys! What do you think of this? Is it better than the first one? I hope so.. Also, I know I said that this chapted would be longer, but this is all I can give you. Forgive me guys, amateur writer here. Im new to this so I hope you give me feedback to make my work better. And thanks for reading! :)