Chapter 59: A Loving Touch

Start from the beginning

Ryo laughed for a split second before grinning at her cluelessly. "Well, whoever that 'someone' was, I owe them my thanks. Come here, I want to show you something I found!" He excitedly waved towards the girl and beckoned for her attendance.

As the female closed the proximity, and walked over to crouch down to where the boy was looking at an object in his hands. "Is that you?" (Y/n) the girl gazed at the photo of a refulgent, small child that had an unkempt appearance. She inwardly chuckled at the buoyant boy, recognising the male's trademark grin.

"Yep. Look at this little balloon head~" He chirped at his past image as he held up the photo in a proud display.

"You were a very cute kid." (Y/n) admitted the evident charm the child held in the photo as it seemed to radiate through the picture.

"Does that mean I'm not cute now?" Ryo whined at the girl in a pouting manner, and eagerly awaited her contradiction.

"Yes." She blandly stated with an undertone of bantering sarcasm, making the boy hold onto his chest in an exaggerated, pained demeanour.

"That hurt very much angel. I'm going to need a kiss to make it feel better~" He switched back to his glowing grin and pounced towards the girl in an attempt to take advantage of the moment.

"Maybe next time." The female shot up from her position, moments before the boy smacked his ambushing body and face against the floor. She calmly walked around the male's figure, towards the drawer he had taken the image out of.

Ryo silently bawled at the rejection as he rubbed his injured cheek. "You're so cruel angel, it was just an innocent question." He whined out and proceeded to sulk from her denial.

"Are these you too?" She ignored the boy's moping comments and scanned through the number of other pictures that consisted of the male.

"Mmhm." He confirmingly hummed out and scootched towards the girl's side. "This is me at the beach. This is me at my cousin's wedding. This is me in the garden. This is me eating mud. This me dressing as a chicken. This is me dressing as Cinderella. Oh! This is me entering the 'danger zone' in a landfill site. Hahaha, you wouldn't believe how scared my butler got after realising what was happening." While the boy laughed at the memory, (Y/n) felt little surprise at the expectant antics that the male put himself through in his early childhood.

As she curiously rummaged through the drawer right to the very back, her fingers brushed against a texture much different to the smooth surface of a picture. As Ryo distracted himself with a walk down memory lane, (Y/n) emerged from the depths of the clothes cabinet with a fine, white envelope, tied with red string. "What's this?" She turned towards the male with an inquiring gaze.

As the boy turned his cheerful eyes towards the item in hand, the bright light seemed to drain itself from his orbs and face, as his features slouched in regretful recollection as an emotion he had confined into the untouchable places in his mind began seeping out. "That's umm...that's..." He stumbled for the correct wording and description of the item but found himself speechless as unfamiliar, lamenting senses passed through to his lurched heart.

The girl kept switching her gaze between the envelope and the boy, realising the deeper connection to the thing hidden inside. "Can I open it?" She hesitantly asked the male.

"Well, I...I mean it's not a problem...it's just, I mean-I mean, it's uuhh...it's not like..." As he searched for the answer to the question, he himself seemed to ask that query in a distracted state. After giving a loud sigh of frustration, he nodded his head, untrusting of his mouth to reciprocate for him.

The girl reluctantly held the piece of red ribbon and slowly pulled the strand, loosening the binding of the envelope and the boundaries inside the boy's psyche. As the string fluttered down to the ground, the girl opened up the cover to take out a picture that was separate to the ones she had previously seen.