Flames from the Past #2

Start from the beginning

"You're just different from them and that's what they are jealous of."

"You have a point." she said and yawned "Wanna see my room?"

Zuko smiled "Yes!"

They went inside the house, put the bowls on the stand in the kitchen and went upstairs. Yoko entered the room at the end of the corridor "It's pretty smaller than yours but... I still love it."

She had a red-sheeted bed and five boxes of cars. Her closet was small and some pants were overflowing. She quickly tucked them in "You didn't see that."

Zuko laughed and winked at her "Your room is cute." he said.

Yoko smiled at him "Thanks." she said and opened a box full of cars "They seem attractive, don't they?"

They laughed and played with them.

***

"Finally it's summer! I don't have to see those idiots for a long while." Yoko said to Zuko.

"And we'll have all day to play." he said.

"I love summer."

"I bet you are really happy that you're going to play with your little friend all summer, Zuzu but mom said that we are going to Ember Island for two weeks tomorrow." Azula said.

"What?! Why nobody told me this?" Zuko said.

"Because she said it this morning."

"Oh," Zuko murmured and turned to Yoko "Sorry Yoko, seems like we will separate."

"We don't have to." Yoko said "Dad has a summer house in Ember Island."

They high-fived "That's it!" Zuko said "I'll talk to mom to persuade your father for a vacation to Ember Island."

"Gosh, can't I get rid of you just for a day?" Azula muttered and walked away.

"Don't care about her. We'll have great fun there!" Zuko said.

-Tomorrow-

"I have missed the smell of the sea." Yoko said as she sat on the damp sand. She had a red bikini.

"Me too." Zuko said as he sat next to her. He was wearing a red swimming trunk "But I wish they hadn't come."

Yoko threw a glance at Ty Lee and Mai "I like Ty Lee but Mai... She has acted worse than Azula to me. Anyway, I won't let them spoil our holiday." she said "Do you want to swim?"

Zuko nodded and they went swimming. A few moments later, they were playing tag in the sea. Yoko tagged Zuko and started to run to the beach. When she finally reached, Zuko jumped on her and they fell on the sand. Yoko looked at Zuko who was on her. Zuko looked at her too and they started to laugh.

Zuko stood up and helped her "Good luck with cleaning the sand from your hair."

"Thanks." Yoko murmured and tagged Zuko "Tag! You're it!"

Zuko laughed and started to run after her. Mai was green with envy. Ty Lee cartwheeled next to her "What's wrong Mai?" she asked.

"They look so disgusting. I am going to vomit." Mai said and stood up, went to the bathroom.

"She would have been happier if Zuko hadn't met this girl." Azula said "She lost the last piece of happiness she has ever felt."

"I don't think Yoko is that bad." Ty Lee said, doing a handstand. Azula pushed her and she fell to the ground.

"I'm going to find Mai."

"Wait for me!"

***