𝐱𝐱. ━ FAMILY

CHAPTER TWENTY!

FAMILY

"Are you gonna be okay?"

Coronation Day. The day Ben seals his faith as the king of Auradon, and i seal mine as the ever so loyal daughter to my mother. It was only a day away now, which caused for me to dive deep within my thoughts.

I've kept silent the whole time evie took my measurements for the dress she was going to make me. I obeyed as i kept my hands up whilst she took them, worriedly peering up to me every once in a while.

The boys were out getting their suits done. Mal was with Parker (which the others do not know, except Me) so it was just Evie and me in the quiet dorm room of the girls.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just.. dwelling on my thoughts." I bit out and gave her a forced smile as i lowered my arms. After a few more fitting, we were finally done. I let out a huge sigh as i collapsed into mal's made bed, seeing as how big of a neat freak she is.

Silence enveloped the room at first but then Evie decided to speak up what was in her mind.

"I'm sorry."

I lifted my upper body in the bed, my elbows supporting my weight as they were cushioned by the mattress. I stared at my friend's figure from behind, wanting for her to turn around.

"For what?" I asked, the area between my brows scrunched up in confusion.

"I know that.. at times, you feel conflicted with your mind and heart. And me and mal know.. that it's about Ben."

She walked to the bed and sat down beside me, making me fully sit up and fiddle with my thumbs, a habit that i've developed since we arrived here.

"Yeah.. i guess. But, i feel like it's something else too. And i.. feel it, in my chest. Every single day since we arrived here."

And it was true. I felt a distinct sting everyday in my chest, just brushing it off as days passed, hoping that it'd disappear but it got worse until i had to secretly slip into the nurse's room and take pain killers, which soothed it.

For now.

"Carly! Why weren't you saying anything? Mal could've made something from her spell book to help you!"

Evie took my hands into hers, gripping them tight as if i'd disappear right in front of her. This made me smile, as i gripped her hands just as tight.

"E, it's fine. I'm alright.. but i think if i'm going to get some answers, i'm going to get them back in the isle." I said with an air of anxiety around us, as we wrapped our heads around the fact that the biggest betrayal of the century would be occurring tomorrow.

"Carls.. just know, that even if.. things end badly for us or for them, tomorrow.. Just remember that we're Family."

I nodded and smiled. A real one this time. Because despite every bit of wickedness and selfishness everyone thought we had flowing in our veins, we are indeed, Family.