Chapter 2 - Welcome to Las Vegas!

Start from the beginning

I watched as both Jay and Bonnie's eyes narrow when Mary explained there was a royal up in Las Vegas that could help us get in. The only reason their eyes narrowed was because we could all see a flicker of something in her eyes when she said his name was Ron.

They ignored it though... For now knowing Jayden.

"When can we go?" Bonnie asked.

And now Maryanne looked to me. 

I sighed. "I can't." I knew exactly what she was thinking.

"It would be faster than flying or driving. And safer. We both know you have the power to do it." She winked.

"That amount of power is like having a neon sign above my head saying, 'Hey! I'm Lonny! I'm that Royal asshole that did this to this world! Come kill me!'"

"Now that's just silly." Mary tutted.

After my final change I'd been working on the amount of power I had. I'd stumbled across one of my powers out of pure anger and rage. I was in California one moment, I'd blinked for two seconds and then I was back in North Carolina the next. I remembered Leo having this same power back when I was 17. He'd taken my hand and told me to hold my breath and close my eyes. Basically transportation. I'd learnt later on that only few had the power to do it.

I worked on it after that furthering the distance each time. The furthest I'd ever gotten was Spain. But it came at a cost. Every Fallen or Demon nearby had predicted my arrival as the amount of power needed to travel like that was huge. 

And although it took less time than actually travelling, it still took up some time. Like, for example, travelling from here to Las Vegas by flight would take over five or six hours. But it would take an hour my way. It wasn't just instant like the click of the fingers. It still took time. It might feel like seconds but it was in fact an hour of however long it took.

"What is she talking about?" Jay asked.

"We'll show you when she makes up her mind. Jay's coming right?"

I shook my head.

"Lonny come on." He begged. "I'll find my own way back from Las Vegas. Human's can still travel by plane you know."

I sighed. "Fine."

"So are we travelling your way?" Mary asked.

"I don't know. I haven't been to Las Vegas before I don't know any back ways or somewhere it won't be obvious."

"Well, I have." Mary grinned and showed me through memory of a back way near one of the casino's. 

I sighed. "Let me think about it okay? That still technically isn't safe."

She shrugged. "Okay sure. Think about it."

Bonnie smiled at me and turned back to Mary. "Can you come to the store with me?"

I could hear Bonnie's plan to ask her why she didn't say goodbye and all that jazz. They left the room quickly and I was left with a fuming Jay. 

I listened to him rant on and on about why this woman was back in our lives and I had to reply by saying she's here to help.

He'd been ranting for about half hour when my phone rang.

I held my hand up to him to stop him and looked at the unknown number. "Hello?"

"Alexis?"

I stood up slowly and walked to the window. "Mom?"

Jay glanced at me with a thumbs up and lay down on the bed probably exhausted from speaking so much or should I say ranting.