Chapter 2 - Welcome to Las Vegas!

______________________________

I watched as Maryanne pulled Bonnie into a long loving hug. I knew she cared. The years she spent with us were written in every feature and look she was giving both Bonnie and I. At first I thought it was all an act. But as I read her open thoughts and memories it wasn't.

Bonnie was practically holding back the tears. Tears I know she's been keeping bottled up since Mary left.

Jay rested his head in his hand and glanced at me from the chair.

'Is she for real?' He thought. 

I shrugged slightly and continued to watch the exchange in front of me.

'What do you think?'

I shrugged again but this time I looked at him. He chuckled quietly but sarcastically and shook his head. "I don't want her here." This time he said this aloud. 

Bonnie pulled away from Mary and frowned disappointedly at him.

I couldn't blame him for saying it. Bonnie was a mess when she left and Jay and I were left to pick up the pieces. 

Mary raised a brow at him. "It's not your decision."

"Oh? What a shame. If it were I'd be sure to throw you out onto your ass." He leaned back on the chair with burning green eyes. I loved how he wasn't scared to say what he felt to Mary anymore. She used to be on his good side but the minute she left, she destroyed all trust in him. 

"Jay. I haven't acknowledged you since I got here. How are you? You look unusually attractive compared to your old teenage cute self. How's life?"

"Don't test me." He mumbled. 

"How old are you now? Twenty? Twenty-one?"

"I'm twenty. Now get out."

"Jayden," Bonnie mumbled.

"Bonnie, this woman left you and Lon. No goodbye, no reason. She just left."

I crossed my leg over my other and watched. I wasn't going to get involved in this. 

"Hey Jay," Mary started. "None of this concerns you." She smiled and I glanced down at Mary and Bonnie's hands. Bonnie squeezed it discreetly and I could feel the tension rolling off her.

"Bonnie is my concern." He stood up. "And just because your some fallen angel that could probably kill me with a click of your fingers, I couldn't give a shit. You hurt her when you left-"

"Listen, Brother Bear, I left for Lon and Bonnie." She stood in front of him. I glanced between the size difference and almost laughed. Jay did look like a bear compared to her. "And I came back. I didn't leave for good, I actually came back. So please get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers."

His jaw clenched. I guess it's my turn to stop this. He opened his mouth probably to yell but I stood up, inserted my hand in between them and pushed Jayden back. "Enough."

Mary chuckled and let go of Bonnie's hand to sit on the edge of the bed. "Good save, Princess."

"Please explain to them why you're here before I lose my temper with you." I sat back down on the chair next to where Jay was sitting.

Mary started with why she left in the first place. Jay willingly sat down and listened to her story as she started to explain what happened in the Angelic World. I watched Bonnie's face light up when she told them we could get through to the Angelic World but watched her face pale as Mary explained that we had to go through the Unnamed Realm.