[CHAPTER 27] Trouble on the Surface

Kataleen

We were all in our dorms already. It was getting late into the night, and somehow the cool air brushing our cheeks by sunset got changed and became hot and humid. Sweat damped and trickled down my neck and forehead as I squirmed, hardly able to sleep well as I squeezed my eyes shut.

I groaned. Hermione and I were trying to get some sleep so we'll be able to rest before our big trip to save the stone later. Darn this heat. I wonder if Hermione's still up.

I sat upright, not bothering to get my glasses as I shifted in bed. Since the window was open the moonlight was enough for me to see Hermione sleeping soundly, her chest going up and down in a steady beat, hair all messed up.

I sighed, resting my head on my pillow again. I closed my eyes again, using my arm as a pillow. Because believe me, I don't like using pillows in my sleep. On top of that it's so hard to sleep thinking about everything. What are the other hurdles besides Fluffy? Oh, if Snape didn't steal that paper, we'd probably know. Well, I guess he didn't really steal it, since it is his.

Darn it, my thoughts are wandering from galaxy to galaxy already.

I sit up, not taking the heat anymore. I scratched the back of my neck and this time put on my glasses, tossing off my covers. In pyjamas I didn't feel comfortable getting all sweaty, so I went to the lavatory to wash my face.

I tried the knob gently but it didn't budge. I tried it again and it still didn't open. I frowned, pressing my ear to the door. We're all asleep by this hour. What could be the problem?

I furrowed my eyebrows, hearing giggles and shuffles. "Ssh, ssh. I think someone's outside."

I furrowed my eyebrows all the more, recognising the voice. Now what would our sixth-year gossip girl roommate be doing inside? Not being nosey, but I heard her giggle to our other roommate, a third-year girl, that she has a date tonight with her 'boyfriend.'

Blech. As for me I'm keeping my virginity beyond sixteen, thank you. Wait. Virginity?!

I immediately blushed at the realisation, slowly backpedaling away from the bathroom door. But too late. DANG SHOOTING FREAKED OUT CRAP!

As the door flung open, I was just so surprised to see a topless boy, whom I recognise is from Ravenclaw, there, covering his lower half with a towel. Behind her was my sixth-year roommate with her brown hair stuck in all directions, yelping at the sight of me as she clutched the towel wrapped around her body tightly.

There was an awkward silence. So awkward that I wanted to sprint away and scream like a banshee, in addition to throwing myself out the open window.

But I'm not stupid, so you know.

"Don't. Speak," the boy said through gritted teeth, as he ushered the girl back inside. She never broke her gaze from me until the door closed.

I am so not naming them.

When I heard the door lock click, I ran to my bed and jumped into it, slamming face-first on the mattress. This is so embarrassing. I would've laughed but my embarrassment is taking over. Dig me out of this crapola. I can't believe what I just saw, and...

Oh shoot. "I'm wearing my glasses!"

I immediately removed my glasses, and just whimpered when I saw the cracked glass. I removed my glasses and placed it on the mattress before I kneeled on the floor, about to take out my wand from my trunk. Yes, trunk, my newest trunk that once contained Fred's frog joke on me. So now I kept the trunk and let go of the frog.