⇒ Chapter One

Chapter One

"Daniella Mae!" I hear the familiar voice of my father through my dreams.

As I finally come to consciousness, I realize that it's my official first day of school at Mystic Falls High School. I hate the feeling that comes with starting a new school. The feeling of everyone eyeing you as though you are a threat, even though you have done nothing to be a threat to anything at all. And, to make it worse, my dad is a teacher.

Why he decided to be a teacher, I don't know. We are here for my mom, for whatever killed her. If he wants to kill it, then he should've taken a job as a cop. But, I don't question it.

I slowly and groggily get out of my comfortable mattress (we haven't had the chance to unpack all the way yet), and get dressed in simple black jeans, a gray shirt, an olive green jacket, and my converse. I'm trying not to stand out in the croud on my first day.

I swing my backpack over my shoulder and meet my dad in the kitchen, where he is cooking pancakes. I hold a plate out, and he uses the spatula to throw the pancake into the air. I catch the pancake on my plate and twirl to the other side of the counter to drench it in syrup.

We eat in a comfortable silence and head out. We agreed yesterday that I would get a head start to the school and he wouldn't say anything of me being his daughter. It isn't that I am embarrassed of him, I love him, but it isn't a good thing to tell everyone that your dad is a teacher on your first day of school.

We park in front of the school, busy with students.

Dad smiles at me from the seat beside me, messes up my hair, and says, "Your head start starts... Now."

I get out and walk to the school doors, fixing my hair. I scan the lockers, looking for my locker number that I had written on my schedule in my hand.

I find it on the corner where two hallways meet, and try the combination. I open it immediately and start to put things into it.

I see my dad make his way to his classroom, and we wave slightly to each other, before I make my journey to my first period. I receive stares as I go, but I keep my head down.

The bell rings, signalling five minutes until school officially starts, and I enter my dads classroom. He smiles at all the students, and I sit in the back. I take out my book and notebook, looking prepared but feeling as though I am unprepared.

"Hello, class." Dad, I'm sorry, Mr. Saltzman, says as the bell rings. "I'm Alaric Saltzman, your new history teacher."

He cracks a joke, then gets into history of Mystic Falls. How he knows so much, I don't know. I guess that's how he is.

After a boring lecture, mainly because I knew everything he talked about, the bell rings and I leave without looking at him.

As I exit the class, shoving my books in as I go, I run into someone, spilling everything in my hands.

I immediately start picking up my things, and realize that the person I ran into is helping me.

I look up to see a blonde boy collecting my things, and he looks at me with blue eyes.

"Thanks." I say, pushing my hair back.

"Hey, no problem." He hands me my books and some papers that fell out and we stand up. He smiles. "You're new."

I nod, and his eyes light up. "If you need anything, I'm Matt Donovan, here to help."

I laugh softly and say "And I'm Daniella Satlzman, here to recieve that help."

⇒⇒⇒

What did you think? Don't forget to vote and comment!