⇒Chapter Five

⇒Chapter Five

"Dani, she was drunk." Elena's voice echo through my thoughts, but I am on my way to getting drunk. "She didn't know what she was talking about."

"Do you want to know what people commonly do when they're drunk?" I ask, chugging the last of the drink. "They tell the truth."

Elena grabbed the cup from my hand and set it on the table, out of my reach.

I pout like a puppy. I don't know how many drinks I had, but it had to be a lot. I started when Elena took Jenna upstairs after I almost dropped her (it was like five steps, she's fiiiine), and I haven't stopped since then, and it's completely dark outside.

"I'm fiiiine," I slur. I don't really know what's happening, but oh well. "I should probably go home, my dads probably worried sick..."

"Um, no." She pushed me back down. "You are staying here. Stefan is going to be on Dani Duty while I go check on Jeremy."

I exhale loudly. "Why do I need a babysitter?"

"Because you're drunk." Elena smiled a little, but stopped herself.

The door opens, and Stefan walks in. Usually I get a feeling in my gut, but right now all I feel is the blur in my mind, if that makes any sense.

"Steeffffaannnnn!" I hear myself exclaim, slurring at first.

He smiles and says "Hi, Dani." Then he turns to Elena. "I got her. Go check on Jeremy."

They kiss, and I fake barf.

Elena waves me goodbye, and I grab the glass she left unattended.

Stefan rushes toward me, taking the glass away as I try to drink it. I pout and cross my arms.

"I wouldn't think of you as a childish drunk." He states. "I would've thought of you as the mean one."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Nothing." He smiles. He sits next to me. "I know we don't hang out as much, or talk, but do you want to talk about why exactly you're drunk."

"Elena didn't tell you?"

"No, I believe the correct words she said were 'Dani's drunk, can you babysit?'. That's it."

I laugh, and then immediately feel the weight of everything back again. Everything may be a blur, and I can hear my heart beat in loud thuds, but I feel the life of lies.

"Not really." I reply. "I don't really want to talk about it."

He looks at me, and randomly hugs me.

I start to cry, and I realize this whole time I haven't cried. I was in shock.

"I was adopted." I cry into his shoulder.

He let's go of the hug, and looks at me with his hands on my shoulders. He gets up and pours more to drink.

He hands me the glass.

No words were spoken, but I could tell he was both shocked and sorry for me.

I chug the drink and say "No wonder you're the likeable one."

He laughs and asks "now do you want to talk about it?"

He pours me more to drink, and I sip it and let it pour out of me: "I am the biological daughter of Elena and Jeremy's aunt and my adoptive dad is Mr. Saltzman."

He looked at me. I feel myself slipping back into complete drunkness as I have another drink, this time straight from the bottle.

"I'm sorry, Dani."

"Don't be, Stefan Befan Bo Befan Banana Hanana Ho Hefan." I laugh, and poke his nose.

He rolls his eyes, trying not to smile. "I think it's time for Dani to go to bed."

I start to wine. "Steeffffaannnn, I thought you were coooooollllll."

⇒⇒⇒

Leave your opinions on drunk Dani in the comments! (Also, we need a Matt+Dani & a Stefan+Dani ship name)
Don't forget to vote!