⇒ Chapter Two

Chapter Two

At lunch, I scan the crouded cafeteria. I only know Matt, and I can't find him. So, I stand there, probably looking like an idiot, until a pair of hands grab at my sides.

I turn around out of a jolt of surprise and come face to face with Matt, his eyes glowing with his smile.

"Come sit with us." He says, and pulls me toward a table before I could reply.

The table consists of a blonde girl, a brown-haired girl, a boy with slightly blonde hair, and a girl with darker hair. Another boy (that I seen earlier in my Dad's class that he held after, who knows why), with brown hair sits down as well.

"Jer, it's nice of you to join us." The brown-haired girl says to the guy that just sat down.

He just rolls his eyes.

"Everyone!" Matt speaks up, smiling softly. "This is Dani, she's new. Dani, this is Caroline, Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, and Jeremy." He goes in order.

"Hi." I say.

The blonde, Caroline, compliments my hair, and Bonnie says hi. I sit next to Matt and Jeremy.

"Hey, Dani, you might want to try the school's cheeseburgers tomorrow." Elena suggests. "Even though the food isn't the best, the hamburgers are pretty good."

"Okay, thanks."

I already feel welcome.

After lunch, the day went in a blur. A very awkward blur.

I sit in the passenger seat as I wait for my dad to finish getting his things. I look out of the windshield to see Matt, making faces at me as he walks to his car. I laugh.

Dad gets in the car, messing up my hair as he does.

"How was your day?" I ask him as we pull away.

"It went well." He replies. "More importantly, how was yours?"

I shrug. "It was awkward. I hate the stares."

"You have never liked attention."

We get to the house and he parks the car. I throw a leftover Cheeto that I undeniably left at him, and run into the front door.

I rush to my room and close the door before he can throw it back. I hear his laugh from the other side of the door and he leaves.

I do my homework, put in my ear buds, and crawl into my bed. Maybe Mystic Falls won't be too bad.

⇒⇒⇒

Don't forget to vote and comment!